“Great Things Come In Small Packages!”
Review of Eden House

Eden House
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Key West
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 July 2014

A gem of a boutique hotel where the staff is the crown jewel! My girlfriends and I had the perfect stay at the Eden House and will return next year to this wonderful hotel. Thanks to Kayla at the front desk for being the perfect concierge and steering us to all the best places!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank sherri c
There are newer reviews for Eden House

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights for my solo vacation. I had a basic room (no tv or fridge) that was just what I needed. I brought my laptop and was able to use the internet in my room. But, honestly, I was only in my room to shower and sleep. The hotel is well maintained. The pool is nice and free happy hour was great too! The front porch is really nice place to sit too. I will be going back to the Eden House for all of my trips!

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed great. If you know you aren't going to be in your room often and don't...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Kylashoe
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The Eden House was a great hotel for us for our two night getaway to Key West. It’s location in the Old Town on Fleming Street put it about 15-20 minutes walking distance from most of the action on Duval and Front Streets as well as the Old Town restaurants. The hotel was very well maintained and the renovations that took it from 1920’s shotgun hotel to boutique resort were in keeping with its history but also offered enough modern conveniences.
My wife and I booked a double “private“ room with shower. We paid $325 total including taxes and thought we got a great value.
Our room (107) was on the first floor of the main building and was steps away from the pool area and the lobby. It was a bit cramped, but had a comfortable bed, a ceiling fan (a medium speed would’ve been nice), air conditioning, and a little desk area. The room was originally built without a shower, so they closed off the interior entrance to fit one in. With the window opened, we enjoyed a nice breeze and the sounds of Key West, although for sleeping we closed the window and used the AC.
There’s free Wi-Fi all over the property and a free (yes, free!) Happy Hour from 3 to 4pm. Hanging out at the pool was the perfect break in between sightseeing and eating/drinking out. They have bikes for rent for only $10 (12 hrs) or $15 (24 hrs). We parked in their 12 car lot and left it there for the duration. Check In and staff were pleasant enough. And there’s complimentary coffee in the morning.
Dates of our trip: May 15-17, 2013

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrMente
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed at the hotel for just a few short days, but loved the staff, hotel, atmosphere....everything.
We booked ourselves just a basic room, which did not have a TV or Fridge and we were concerned about this at first. That is until we realized we would only be in our room to sleep and shower. It was perfect. We arrived late at night and the girl behind the counter took us to our room and gave us a quick tour.
The next day we met Fred who was working on one of the koi ponds, and chatted with him for a while. The place has the most awesome landscaping. You honestly feel like you are away from everything; and yet the walk to Duval St. was maybe 15 minutes if you took your time.

Back to the Staff...... the best ever, everyone is so friendly and willing to talk. This is a great place, highly recommended! If your going to Key West this is where you want to be.

Room Tip: Even the smallest basic room was good enough for our needs. Don't plan on being in your room too...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 317Rob
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The Garden of Eden is referred to as "The Garden of God". And while I'm not trying to suggest that Mike Eden is imbued with God-like qualities, I can definitely say that Eden House is nothing short of Heaven on Earth. I've been traveling regularly to Key West since the early 2000s and have no idea how or why I never previously stayed at Eden House. Well....that's definitely going to change. Hereon, I cannot imagine ever staying anyplace else. From check-in to check-out, every aspect of my and my friends' stay was a top shelf experience.
I had an upper apartment with a screened-in porch by the entrance and another balcony overlooking the pool. The apartment was spacious and its ambience was great.
I interacted with nearly every staff member and they were all gracious and extremely helpful. I also had the good fortune to chat with Mike Eden as he was making his regular poolside rounds. It was easy to see that Mike doesn't just own this special place....he lives it and talks with each guest as if they were family or best friends.
I have been quick to tell anyone I've spoken with about this wonderful Key West oasis that is close to everything you want to visit...but also nicely nestled away in a section of Old Town where you can retreat to peace and tranquility.
On TripAdvisor's 1-5 scale of excellence, Eden House is an obvious 10!

Room Tip: When you call for reservations, describe your needs to the reservationist. They won't try to ov...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank CapitolAl
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We have been staying here for about 6 years. Came down from SC 2-3 times a year. We love the rooms, public areas with gardens and pool and the helpful staff! We fell in love with Key West and bought a vacation home here this year, but will still stay at Eden House for special occasions.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Randy L
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Check-in with Fritzi was great. She offered us a beverage, then showed us around. The lobby areas are beautiful, clean, welcoming.

The areas outside by the pool were gorgeous! So tropical, filled with flowering vines and palms, lots of shade, hammocks everywhere. Pool is the perfect temperature. Free drinks after 4:30 or 5:00.

Our room was at the back, which I requested because we wanted a quiet place. It was nice and quiet...we never heard a peep. We had a private porch with a huge, two-person swing and a little table and two chairs. Tall bamboo screens and palms kept it private from another property behind us.

My only complaint was the tiny size of the room, but I knew going in that it would be small. It's just a shock that it is SO small! I'm not sure two people could maneuver in there for more than a couple of days.

But, I must say, it was darling! Clean, too. They have done everything to make it beautiful and comfortable. After all, we weren't in Key West to lie around in the room. The shower was beautiful, with river stones in the floor. Very up-to-date. Shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel are on the wall in the shower...you pump them into your hand/wash cloth. The shower gel didn't foam enough for me, but the shampoo was fine. The towels are thick and clean. Nothing seems old or in need of repair or updating.

The Eden House is within walking distance to the wharf and restaurants. We used the car to drive to Duval Street to get to the Walgreen's. Weren't interested in Duval Street at all. Other than that, the car stayed in the parking lot.

But around the hotel are so many beautiful things to see. Walking to the wharf and to the restaurants was such a pleasure. Other small hotels, interesting houses, beautiful plantlife.

They have bikes, but we didn't use them. Not sure if they are to rent or are free. I think you have to rent them

The staff was very helpful and friendly. Couldn't ask for better staff.

Next door is Azur restaurant. There is a phone box at the pool that connects to the restaurant. They will bring food to the pool during certain hours. Pricey. We didn't use this feature, but it's a great idea.

We loved this hotel, and were trying to figure out how we could plan a vacation around it some day. We would get a bigger room, and we would stay for at least a week! Beautiful place. Restful, clean, quiet, fun.

Room Tip: The "small deluxe" is VERY small. If you can afford it, get a bigger room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family