“Don't think about staying here (I want it all to myself!)” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eden House

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Eden House
Ranked #6 of 51 Hotels in Key West
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Francisco, CA
“Don't think about staying here (I want it all to myself!)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2004

I've been staying at the Eden House for years, and would never go anywhere else in Key West.

Seriously, I'll change my plans if Eden House is booked up.

It's the quintessential Key West experience, laid back, folksy, charming, and thankfully not for everyone. If you want to stay among friends and give your vacation dollars to people who really deserve it, stay here. If you prefer a sterile, cookiecutter room and a staff who collects their $8/hour and goes home, stay at one of the chain hotels on the other side of town.

I love the free happy hour, the funky pool, Priscilla the aloof cat, and the great people. Just don't try to book the last room when I need it.

• Stayed January 2004, travelled on business
1 Thank Jon P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2004

Well Eden house was all that and more, it's so nice ot go to place that really makes you feel like you are at home. The front desk was fantastic, and so down to earth, they were very helpfull and fun! What a nice group of people they have their, and Mike, Mr. Eden, was great that day around the pool tell old stories, wish I could've stayed there even longer, I would recommend Eden House t anyone that wants to really relax and enjoy Key West.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2004

We stayed at the Eden House for 3 nights and loved it!! We Initially were aony going to stay for 2 nights but stayed for 3. Upon Arriving Grant Met us and showed us to our room. We quicky made our way to the hammock area for a relaxing nap after a long drive. The Pool area was crowded at times during the day but at night it was empty. Make sure you check out the Cafe Med next door. the food and service is awesome!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2004

Very beautiful, lush grounds, a tropical cozy setting. My boyfriend and I went down June 24-26 for the first time. We stayed in a private room, it was a smaller room, but I didn't expect a large room considering we only paid $95 a night, and anyone who says a room is too small is spending too much time in there when you're in KEY WEST!!!!!! Everyone who works there was very, very friendly, completely not hotel-like whatsoever (especially maggie :)...while I was relaxing in the beautiful pool they came around to ask if I wanted anything to drink. It's like you're staying at a friend's house and they want you to be happy and comfortable. Many times when I travel, I like to look for other places to stay each time so I have a variety of memories, but not when I return to KW, I have no need to create a different memory in another hotel or inn.

If your iffy on where to stay when you come to KW, trust me, I researched for months online, as well as on tripadvisor, no place had such good reviews, so I went with the Eden House, and all those reviews were confirmed. Anyone leaving a bad review, nothing is perfect, so better luck next time...

• Stayed June 2004
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2004

The Eden House was everything I expected and more. My husband and I just returned from a short stay in KW and we were more impressed with the Eden House than any other place we have ever stayed. A few years ago we stayed at a large, expensive hotel in KW and the Eden House was twice as nice for half the price. Our room was spacious and very clean, the grounds were beautiful and the staff was warm and welcoming. I would reccomend the EH to anyone going to Key West.

• Stayed April 2004
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sarasota, FL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2004

We stayed at the Eden House from June 24 - 27. When we first checked in, the kid at the front desk (not sure of his name) wasn't the friendliest, kind of cold and indifferent. He gave us our room key and told us where our room was. When we walked into our room, we put our bags down, looked down on the floor to see a cockroach run across the floor!! YIKES! I'm freaking out and go back out to the front desk and tell the kid that we just killed a cockroach in our room. He just looked at me like I was crazy. He then asks me what I would like him to do about it. I didn't know what to say! I just told him that I was kind of surprised to find a cockroach in my room. He then told me that they are not cockroaches, they are Palmetto bugs, and if I'm staying in Florida, I need to learn to "cohabitate" with them.
The following day I awoke to find Maggie at the front desk (THANK GOODNESS). I told her everything that had occurred the day before and she sincerely apologized. She said that she would talk to Mike about the issue when he returned from his vacation.
That was a MAJOR disappointment. The minor thing that bothered me was that we had asked that our showerhead be cleaned off (calcium build up - due to hard water), and that was never done.
We go to Key West every June to celebrate our wedding anniversary and like to try different B&B's. I was disappointed in the Eden House.
Although in the end, Maggie gave us a partial credit back to our charge card, which we were thankful for. The grounds are beautiful but I don't think we'll be staying at the Eden House again in the future.

6 Thank Lisa S
, Front Desk Manager at Eden House, responded to this review, 7 July 2004
We do have our share of bugs down here in the tropics, and occasionally, during the rainy season, they do like to find their way into dry places. As life would have it, those dry places happen to be our shelters.

Believe it or not, bugs actually take to the skies during their mating season in the summer!! So very, very rarely they do end up in a room. We do spray when necessary, and our rooms are immaculately clean. So, they are very seldom a problem for us at the Eden House. But because of their prevalence, they are commonplace to us locals. i believe that this is why Carlos acted so nonchalantly.

That being said, there is no excuse for indifference and lack of compassion. This situation has beed addressed, and dealt with. We at the Eden House consider not only a mutual respect, but a friendly relationship between our staff and guests something that makes us the comfortable place that we are.

I personally would like to clarify that my stating that i would tell Mike about the situation on his return, was to reassure a guest that had previously established communication with Mike. It was in no way to defer responsibility. It is not the case that when Mike is out of town, the Eden House can't function.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2004

For five years we had stayed at the same hotel in KW.....at the opposite end of the island. With an infant in tow this year, we needed a shorter walk each evening and found Eden House. We were a little reluctant to change, since we loved our other hotel so much. But the Eden House proved to be a fantastic choice and we now recommend it to all of our friends and will stay there from now on!

We had a first floor apartment which offered a separate living and sleeping area, perfect for when our baby was napping and we wanted to watch TV or chat. The porches are large and private, the room was very clean with friendly staff. The pool was clean and the happy hour by the pool and in the hot tub was fun and a great way to meet people!

A short walk to where the action is, but you are far enough off the main drag that it is very quiet.

Loved it!