“Lovely welcome, lovely stay”
Review of Eden House

Eden House
Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Key West
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 July 2004

I booked this accommodation because of the glowing reviews on trip advisor and wasn't disappointed.
From the unexpected welcome drinks to the lovely rooms, it was all that we needed. We stayed in a loft apartment which was simply delightful
Highly recommended

Write a ReviewReviews (1,826)

Columbus Ohio
Reviewed 25 July 2004

We stayed at EH, which I affectionately notice is the same initials as Ernest Hemingway, for our 5 day honeymoon June 27-July 1. We had a larger room, two patios, kitchen, nice size closet area, nice size bathroom (room 403 I think). I was not expecting the great size and coziness of our room. We also loved the short walk to all the night life and water activities. The harbor is SO close and we snorkled and sunset cruised with a company via EH recommendation and had a GREAT experience! The people are friendly and love the mutual respect: especially the "we don't hear you we don't see you" rule.

I was disappointed Mike was on vacation; I mean why would you need a vacation from Key West!? I was looking forward to his music I had read about on the webpage. But we got great treatment from the rest of the staff and champagne, glasses, and a print of the hotel to take with us! Great surprise!

Smallest of complaints: itty bitty ants in the kitchen, but it almost seems like a given with so many beautiful trees and plant life. And there was construction going on around the pool during the day, but we had no problem relaxing anyway!

• Stayed: June 2004
Northampton, MA
Reviewed 23 July 2004

What a wonderful tropical hideaway! My husband and I celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary at the Eden House in October 2003. The owner, Mike, went out of his way to send a complimentary bottle of champagne and Eden House champagne glasses to our room. The glasses were ours to keep! The rest of the staff were all great! Great recommendations for dining out or staying poolside! We had a wonderful lunch delivered pool side! We can't wait to return!!!

Tamarac, Florida
Reviewed 20 July 2004

We just got back from our 2nd annual trip to Key West. As long as they will allow us to come back, we will be there every year. We come with 6 of our closest friends and stay in the big house. We have the best time with the other guests and the staff. The only complaint I have is that our trip is never long enough. By the end of the weekend it's sad saying goodbye to the new friends that we've met but we hope that we will see them again next year--same time , same place. See ya in Paradise! The Jello Shot Crew!

Jax, FL
Reviewed 19 July 2004

Eden House is the Garden of Eden! Nothing could top our stay, ever! 3 years in a row and gets better every time. Grounds are beautiful, crew is awesome and atmosphere is outstanding! If you go to Key West, you MUST stay in the Eden House! And make sure you make it to FREE Happy Hour at 4-5pm!

Reviewed 13 July 2004

In early June, 2004 we stayed 5 days at the Eden House and were not disappointed. The rooms are kept exceptionally clean, the linens and bedding are nice. Other than noise from the street occasionally and noise from the hall, Eden House is quiet and peaceful.

• Stayed: June 2004
Reviewed 11 July 2004

Mike Eden is right, Eden House is not for everybody. But it's right for us. A fairly recent reviewer gave EH a poor review -to each his own. I could rebut each negative statement, but why bother, our experience was extremely positive. Mike, Carlos and Maggie are so helpful. The atmosphere is laid-back, calm and peaceful. The landscaping is lush. The apartment we had was clean & roomy. Cafe Med was the best meal on the island. If the Tripadvisor folks allow, I posted photos and trip info on a personal site this weekend at http://home.earthlink.net/~mannoman/vacationalbum/index.html. Check it out. It was our first trip to KW but won't be our last. We liked it so much we plan to return right after the Labor Day weekend. If you are looking for a Chain hotel experience, this ain't it, but if you want to just relax, look no further. We met a couple from the UK who said it was their 4th return trip to EH. Nuf said?

• Stayed: September 2004