My wife and I joined 2 other couples for a week of relaxation and escape from the midwest winter. Following the high recommendations from one of the other couples in our group, together, we booked three deluxe rooms at the Eden House. After calling ahead to inquire about vacancies, my wife and I and one other couple actually arrived a day early. The very accommodating and courteous staff booked us into two rooms in the upper level of the main house for one night, then moved our luggage to our new accomodations the next morning.
Rooms 114, 115, and 116 were secluded on the lower level at the rear of the main house and were very comfortable. Each of the rooms, while not overly large, contained a single queen sized bed, were extremely clean, well kept, and featured very recent amenities. The new flat screen tv's w/dvd players open up additional space on top of the chest of drawers. The showers in each of the rooms had instant hot water and plenty of it. The maintenance and the cleanliness was impeccable. Not a rusted nail, flake of paint, scratched, chipped, or cracked board could be found either inside or outside our rooms. For those of us who can't quite leave work at home, cell phone coverage as well as wireless internet strength were great. Each of our rooms had it's own back porch which featured a padded porch swing and a patio table with chairs. Just off the back porch several of the many hammocks, shaded by towering palms and coconut trees, beckoned us each afternoon.
As others have said, this is a quiet place to relax. This is not a headquarters for tweenage spring breakers or for a family with young children. It's designed and marketed towards couples looking for a place to spend some quiet time together and Mike Eden has created a little piece of paradise that meets that goal in spades. No ice machines or elevators outside your door. No late night party animals running through the hallways slamming doors. No neighbors waking you up through paper thin walls. Quiet time from 10pm to 10am is recognized each evening, but as the saying goes, if they don't hear you, they don't see you. The hot tub is open all night if you're quiet. The front desk is staffed 24/7 so there is always somebody available to meet your every need or wish. Each of the staff members we encountered were very helpful, informative, and very very courteous. I've never been at a hotel where the staff has had such a strong desire to fulfill your desires.
The walk to and from Duval Street isn't bad, in fact, it's rather relaxing (see the theme here?) The best route leads you down to Schooner Wharf with a great look at the boats and the harbor. There is plenty of old town architecture and greenery to be seen along the way and ample amounts of food and drink to be found between the Eden House and Duval. For those staying several days, a coin laundry is only a block away. Eden House also rents bikes and has ample parking should you drive.
I can't say enough about the hospitality and the accomodations. We'll definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax In Old Town Key West! The Eden House's first priority has been to maintain a clean inn, offer a comfortable bed, reasonable rates and have a staff that cares. Next comes the heated pool and Jacuzzi, hammocks, porch swings, waterfalls, sundeck, free off-street parking, café and lush gardens.We will have a cold drink for you at check-in and our daily complimentary 'happy hour' is poolside. Then at 10 PM we will dim the lights and let you get a good nights rest. Our night staff will not put a mint on your pillow but they will walk the grounds to insure that you won't be disturbed. I have owned and managed the Eden House for 27 years. I like to think that my staff and me do the 'little' things that will make your stay in Key West a memorable one. Key West is notorious for it's nightlife. Whether it is a sunset sail, a snorkel or kayak trip or deep water and flats fishing, the waters of the Florida Keys are like no other. Just let us know when you want to go.Grab a good book and a drink and I'll see you in the hammock area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Eden House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden House Hotel Key West
- Eden Hotel Key West
- Eden Key West
- Eden House Key West, Florida