“Great Recommendation”

Ranked #7 of 51 Hotels in Key West
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great Recommendation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2004

My wife and I spent 3 wonderful nights at the Eden House in Key West. My wife thought the room was just perfect and had its own porch and swing. The staff were exceptionally helpful and attentive. Nice location within walking distance of Harbor and Duval Street. Others who we chatted with indicated that they had been coming for years we were lucky we had discovered it. We were, and we will definately go back.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2004

This was our first trip to Key West. We were one of five couples travelling together and I recommended Eden House after much investigation (thank you Trip Advisor). We could not have been more happy with Eden House. The grounds were beautiful, the rooms were immaculate and the staff, especially Carlos (I don't know where some of those negative remarks came from- he was fantastic!), were extremely helpful in making our trip fabulous. It was close enough to Duval to walk but away from it all to relax. It was truly the PERFECT vacation! We all decided to make Key West and Eden House our annual getaway.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2004

We spent a couple of nights at the Eden Hotel this past week. We had reserved the "Romance Package" which included Champagne & Etched Champagne flutes in our room at check-in, a lithograph, a Sunset Sail cruise, and Bikes for our stay.

Our room was extremely neat and clean as well as tastefully decorated. Additionally, everyone employed there seemed very nice. We were really looking forward to having champagne in our room when we arrived. Unfortunately, there was neither champagne nor flutes in our room. About 30 minutes after we checked in, we asked why our champagne and flutes were not in our room. We were told they were out of champagne, and they were "working on it." No mention was made of the other amenities for which we paid. We needed to specifically requested the Sunset cruise. They did make the reservations for us and the cruise was wonderful.

When we checked out I asked them again about the Champagne and ethched flutes and I was told they were still "working on it." I then asked about the lithograph, and they didn't seem to know that it should have been included in our package. Upon checking, the staff member realized that it should have been included and retrieved a lithograph form the gift shop.

All in all, the Eden House is a nice place with pleasant staff, but I suspect that not too many people select their Romance Package because nobody seemed to know about it. I am disappointed because we paid but did not receive part of what we were promised. Because of our experience, I would not recommend paying extra for one of the "packages". I doubt we will be staying here again on our next trip to Key West unless a bottle of champagne and etched flutes arrive in the mail some time soon.

• Stayed October 2004
4 Thank lilliemae
Haddon Heights, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2004

Our first time at Eden House and we will never stay
anywhere else in Key West. The Place is Beautiful,
The Staff is friendly and helpful. Mike's reccomendations where right on!!! He sent us a bottle of Champagne for our Tenth Anniv. after we had mentioned it in our conversation around the pool. Nice Touch of Class.The Happy Hour is fun,getting to know the other guest's is a treat.We passed on our cooler to someone who would be there longer than us and it would be great to get that back next year. This place is low key so if you are looking for loud and flashy stay away and keep it quiet for the rest of us.Thanks again!!!!
RJ & Jen

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2004

Unfortunately, we only stayed one night, but we can't wait to go back.It was a very lovely, relaxing, friendly place. Everything was immaculate, and the bed was extremely comfortable. Staff were very attentive and pleasant, but in a genuine way. Most rooms have their own private area outside with a table and chairs and a porch swing- there are hammocks all around too. WE REALLY ENJOYED THE WHOLE EXPERIENCE, AND HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2004

Sorry I waited so long to post a review of the Eden House! We spent 4 days at the Eden House in March 2004. We were joined by my brother and sister-in-law, who were on their 4th or 5th visit to Eden House, and sister and brother-in-law. The minute I walked into the place, the stress in my shoulders completely disappeared. What a beautiful and relaxing place. Our room was immaculately clean and the staff was very helpful and polite (with the one minor exception being Carlos' rudeness). From what I've read in other reviews, this problem has been corrected. We are looking forward to a return visit next May with our other family members joining us again, as well as the ones that didn't make it last time. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed March 2004
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Covington, KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2004

Eden House has small and large rooms, those with or without kitchenettes, etc. There is something at the right price to please everyone. Staff were wonderful in their recommendations of places to eat and drink. We simply told them a general area and exactly what we wanted to find and their information was always right on the mark.

• Stayed August 2004