“Wow! Just one word...wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Eden House

Eden House
Ranked #7 of 51 Hotels in Key West
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tennessee
“Wow! Just one word...wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2009

I can't say enough good things about the Eden House. I went on vacation to relax, have fun, and work on my writings. It was a perfect place for all three. I relaxed in the pool, had fun on the island, and finished my latest writing, one that had been in my mind for two years. The hotel is a perfect place to bring art to your vacation.

The ladies up at the front desk are real sweathearts and they were always so friendly and so helpful, and knew all the right places to go. Approach is at least 50% of the outcome in life, treat the ladies nicely, and they will make your stay wonderful. Regardless, treat the ladies nicely. The hotel is really peacefull at night and I got the best rest I've ever gotten at a hotel. The pool is great, it is all great.

You may even meet the neighbor from across the street, Maggie, who came over to use the soda machine one night as I was talking with nice local people in the small front lobby, and was so incredibly friendly.

Once you park it is in a very nice location for whatever you want, yet not so close to the busy streets like Duval to keep you up at night. Don't fret with a car just rent one of the bikes, beach cruisers, outside and you will have an open passport to the island.

I really could type on and on but I think I have made my point. This hotel, with its romantic feel and peaceful and qaint nights, is a pleasure. No need to look further, you would not regret a stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank GlassFrog
edenhouse, Owner at Eden House, responded to this review, 7 July 2009
Thanks so much, I never get tired of hearing from a happy guest. This
is my 35th year with the Eden House and I am blessed to do something I
throughly enjoy. In 1975, with no experience in the biz, a few
employees, a couple pizzas and a case of ice cold beer we figured out
how we would run the Eden House.
1. a comfortable bed 2. clean accommodations 3. a reasonable rate 4. a
staff that cares and last but not least 5. mutual respect between the
Eden House and our guests

I am so glad you and so many of our guests appreciate what we are all
about. See ya by the pool. Don't forget happy hour is 4 PM sharp!

Thanks again and great hearing from you, Mike and the staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2009

We just returned from our 8 day vacation at the Eden House. This is our 4th trip to Key West and everyone of them we have stayed at the Eden House. We can't get enough of it. We totally love it and hated to leave. Our room was great - we stayed in 403 and the staff as always, is great. They always have wonderful recommendations for where to eat and what to do. They are very accomodating and make you feel at home.

Thank you guys for making it our best trip yet. We can't wait to come back next year!

Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Astephens
United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2009

We stayed for 3 nights, in one of the "large deluxe" rooms. Just about everything was perfect, the rooms are great and much more charming/individual than what you would experience at a chain hotel. The hotel is small enough that it doesn't feel crowded, the pool and jacuzzi are nice, and free drinks at happy hour every day is a great idea!!

We had driven down from Miami, and I was worried that we might not be able to park. Fortunately we were, but there is limited parking (as stated on their website) - now I realise that the hotel is really only ten minutes walk to many of the places we wanted to go to, in future I would avoid bringing a car and find a different way to get down to Key West.

I really can't recommend the hotel highly enough...the place is run with a friendly attitude and the management and staff both seem to know what real customer service is - nothing was too much trouble. On check-in we were offered a drink, and then given a tour of the property. The front desk staff were really great and only too happy to book restaurants and activities for us. Free wi-fi was also available.

In summary, we will definitely be returning at some point. Don't bother spending your money at the bigger / more well known chains in Key West, the Eden House is streets ahead in terms of value for money, quality of accommodation, and customer service.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Southwest USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2009

Eden House is a lovely place to stay. Quiet, with nice amenities like a swimming pool, Jacuzzi, plentiful greenery and a calm, cheery, and helpful staff, Eden House exceeded my expectations for quiet affordable lodging in Key West. I would both recommend Eden House and stay there again if traveling to Key West.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank enigmuh0
Miami,Fl
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2009

This is a nice place, however the staff left a bit to be desired for...the girl at the front desk, was not very friendly, to say the least, she just took us to the room, that's it...this was our 2nd time there, and the first time we were there Aug 2008, everyone was very nice which is why we returned...this time everyone was rude! They did not mention that they have complimentary happy hour daily, I knew because I stayed before,,,they did not mention that if you move your car from the parking lot you won't have a place to park when you return in the evening...I say the place is over rated...I will try another place when I return.....the room was extremely small, although I must say it was very clean!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank southflis
cherry valley il
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2009

So many nice things to say about Eden House, I don't really know where to begin!! We stayed here once before, and were looking forward to coming back, this time for a longer stay. The location is wonderful, walking distance from most things, and bikes to rent if you want to go a little bit farther! The staff is SUPER helpful, from keeping things clean to recommending great restaurants and tours (and they'll even call and book things for you!). So many relaxation options for those who just want to lounge around (and for a pregnant girl, that was top on my list!!!), from chairs poolside to swings and hammocks, many options to just take it easy. They really try their best to take care of you. We WILL be back!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank needwarmweather
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2009

A beautiful property in a great location within walking distance from everything you need to get to. It was pretty expensive, but surprisingly the least expensive I could find in the area. Our room (the cheapest) was very small and didn't even include a TV (pretty lame), and at times was kind of loud because it faced the pool area. The front desk staff didn't have recommendations or tips for restaurants or things to do, which was a little frustrating. However, I loved that they were eco-friendly, their website had a ton of tips for visitors, they had a house cat, and they had a daily happy hour and 24/7 free coffee in the lobby. And the grounds and pool area were practically a vacation themselves.

• Stayed March 2009