If you want a luxuriously appointed room in a complex with multiple pools, bars and restaurants then this is not for you.
If you want a comfortable hotel with a cracking little pool area conducive to making new friends during the happy hour (free drinks!) in a great location then this could be right up your street. It is close to Caroline Street with the excellent Pepe's for breakfast and a short walk from Duval with all it's night-life, but far enough to ensure you are not woken up by revellers returning to bed.
We stayed in a private room with our own bathroom, it was quite small, pretty basic but clean and the shower was good. Since we planned to be out of it any time but first thing in the morning and when asleep it really wasn't a problem. The only thing we noticed was an odd smell when we arrived but it soon cleared. The pool area is incredibly tranquil, you wouldn't know you were so central and the sun deck was a great place to take in a bit of sun.
We had a little trouble finding someone to help us check in when we arrived because she was helping set up happy hour, but other than that minor hiccup we received a friendly service and good advice on local restaurants and bars. Other guests were taking advantage of the bikes for rent which would of been cool if we had been staying longer.
We were only spending a long weekend here and it was fantastic. I cannot be sure how it would have worked out for a full week, but think if you are not the sort of person to spend time in your room you will love this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax In Old Town Key West! The Eden House's first priority has been to maintain a clean inn, offer a comfortable bed, reasonable rates and have a staff that cares. Next comes the heated pool and Jacuzzi, hammocks, porch swings, waterfalls, sundeck, free off-street parking, café and lush gardens.We will have a cold drink for you at check-in and our daily complimentary 'happy hour' is poolside. Then at 10 PM we will dim the lights and let you get a good nights rest. Our night staff will not put a mint on your pillow but they will walk the grounds to insure that you won't be disturbed. I have owned and managed the Eden House for 27 years. I like to think that my staff and me do the 'little' things that will make your stay in Key West a memorable one. Key West is notorious for it's nightlife. Whether it is a sunset sail, a snorkel or kayak trip or deep water and flats fishing, the waters of the Florida Keys are like no other. Just let us know when you want to go.Grab a good book and a drink and I'll see you in the hammock area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Eden House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden House Hotel Key West
- Eden Hotel Key West
- Eden Key West
- Eden House Key West, Florida