Eden House
US$391
US$345
  • Beachfront
Ocean Key Resort & Spa(Key West)
US$468
US$348
US$317
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Havana Cabana at Key West(Key West)
US$273
US$420
US$381
US$197
US$182
1,907 results
All reviewshappy hourporch swingazur restaurantsmall deluxehammock areadeluxe roomduval streetlaid backhot tubiced teaother guestsold townfront porchrented bikesold key westgrounds are beautifulfew blocks
Reviewed 18 June 2006

What a way to start a honeymoon. We arrived at the Eden House and was told room was not paid in full (mother-in-law had pre-paid). We paid balance. We got to our room and it was so small that we could not fit any of our luggage in it. The sink was in the room next to the bed. The bathroom was so small the toilet paper holder was five feet off the floor. Upgraded to a better room and paid again. Opps!! the room was paid for. Opps!! mother-in-law did pay for it. Opps!! the front desk lied. No apologize, except for sorry about that. Was recommended to Eden House. Would never stay again! Liked review from 4/06. Eden House found out they were on honeymoon and got free upgarde and champagne, all I got was sorry we don't do that here. I guess that was another lie too.

26  Thank Deena S
Management response:Responded 6 July 2006

At the Eden House, we expect our guests to pay for their reservation in full upon check in. If a person has to have someone make a reservation for them, it might add to the confusion.

Regardless, I don't think there is a hotel that would be fine with being paid less than half of the agreed upon rate.

We are honest to a fault. We will freely tell you if we have made a mistake, but if you knowingly do not want to pay us for services rendered, I beg of you---Stay somewhere else.

Reviewed 8 June 2006

I found this place right here on Trip Advisor. With all the great reviews I felt like I couldn't go wrong and I was right! The Eden House is very comfortable and the staff is very friendly. They recommended Pepes for breakfast and it was great food! The pool area is beautiful with flowers, a waterfall and fountains. It is far enough from Duval that you have your peace and quiet, but if you are looking for night life Duval is just a 10-15 minute walk away. There is also a happy hour by the pool to jump start the night. The other guests were also very nice! When I go back to Key West the Eden House will be where I stay again!

10  Thank aranaloca
Reviewed 31 May 2006

We just returned from spending Memorial Day weekend at Eden House. Our stay was very enjoyable, but what pleased us most is how the staff went out of their way to correct a problem and then compensated us for our inconvenience. The first night we were there we returned to our room after dark to find flying bugs attracted to the lights within the room. Not a major problem, but certainly an inconvenience. We turned out the lights and the bugs were no longer a problem. They must have gone to sleep as well. The next morning we mentioned it to Diane at the front desk. She was very apologetic and offered us another room which we declined. WIthin an hour a man came to spray and the maid came to clean up the mess. This was all we requested. But Diane insisted upon refunding the money we paid to rent bikes, allowing us to ride for free for two days. When we returned to our room that afternoon there was a bottle of champaign in the fridge with two complimentary glasses. Finally, when we checked out the management offered to discount the price we had paid to rent the room. We told them that this was too generous but they insisted. This attitude of treating everyone right permeates the entire staff and we would certainly stay at Eden House on our next trip in Key West and recommend it to our friends.

18  Thank pirtpirt
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 May 2006

I can't even remember how I found the Eden House on line when booking...but we definitely lucked out!!! This was our first visit to Key West and my husband and I loved every minute. The pool, hammick, sundeck, porches, and trees in the Eden House common area were wonderfully relaxing. Simple and pleasant. Everything was super clean..the complimentary happy hour from 4-5 was a nice touch...and the staff were so friendly. We left for breakfast and before noon our rooms was cleaned, nice surprise. Yes, the rooms are small...but who cares, comfy beds, nicely AC'd, with ceiling fan. It's a nice 10 minute or less walk to Duval, located in a pleasant area of town. My husband and I are in our 20's and can appreciate the rowdiness of Duval at night...but we're glad we were staying a few blocks away. :)

We came over memorial day weekend an appreciated that there wasn't a "three day minimum" when booking and the rates were very comparable to other places (Word to the wise...driving back on Memorial Day Monday was loooong, lots of traffic, plan for it!).

We're going to come back next Memorial Day weekend.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 May 2006

My husband and i loved the Eden House because after a long, stressful drive, and the stresses of life that drove us to book this mini-vacation, we were finally able to relax. I can't remember the last time I was so relaxed.

The previous reviews were right on the money. Eden House is a clean, beautiful, quiet, laid-back, and super friendly hotel. The beds were also super comfortable. Basically, we felt very welcome and immediately comfortable. It was also one of the lowest priced hotels in town, which is why I was slightly leary when booking, despite the positive reviews. But we were not disappointed one bit during our stay and we will not even consider another hotel for our next visit.

After the chaos of Duval Street, we came back to the hotel around 11 and stopped at the market on our walk back and brought back a bottle of wine. We hung out of our porch for the next couple of hours, enjoying the wine while snuggling in the comfortable swing right right outside the door. What a way to enjoy the evening!

Eden House is a very charming hotel - the rooms feature wood ceiling, tiled floors, there are hammocks and trees everywhere. If you want to really experience Key West, then stay here for sure!

16  Thank Urbanchik