Eden House
Ocean Key Resort & Spa(Key West)
US$454
US$380
US$282
US$195
US$191
Havana Cabana at Key West(Key West)
US$241
Orbitz.com
US$450
TripAdvisor
1,899 results
All reviewshappy hourporch swingazur restaurantsmall deluxehammock areadeluxe roomduval streetlaid backhot tubiced teaother guestsold townfront porchrented bikesold key westgrounds are beautifulfew blocks
Reviewed 25 October 2010

I loved this place. You're greeted with a beer on check-in, which is a plus for me since I walked from the airport. My room was small but very quaint and comfortable. I had a private room with no TV or phone and loved it since I'm quite content with a good book. Duval Street was within walking distance and the front desk staff was awesome. There is a pool and jacuzzi and I have every intention of returning. This is now my official spot when I go to Key West.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank goldwing2500
Reviewed 23 October 2010

Totally enjoyed our stay at the Eden House. Staff was exceptionally helpful, friendly, knowledgeable and genuinely interested in our well-being. Always willing to go well out of their way to make our stay unique and memorable --- from making last-minute reservations for us to scootering down to the docks to return our left-behind sunglasses. Grounds and rooms are delightfully tropical, comfortable, and clean. Especially nice is their 'green' consciousness and their 'enjoy life' philosophy. Very conveniently located and within easy walking distance of most points of interest. Can't wait to go back and will highly recommend to those who want a refreshingly different (and non-corporate) hotel experience. Definitely reflects the best of the Key West lifestyle. Azur Restaurant next door was equally memorable. Many thanks to ALL!

2  Thank JLandBR
Reviewed 23 October 2010

We were charmed by Eden House. We had booked from Australia on the recommendation of other Trip Advisor travellers and were delighted to find the Hotel just as described. To start with the Hotel itself is so pretty and located in a quiet residental street. We were welcomed warmly and informally at reception and offered a cold drink straight away which was very much appreciated and then showed around the property and taken to our room which was right by the pretty pool. Our room was extremely clean and furnished with a double bed, TV, airconditioner, ensuite bathroom and even a fridge and microwave (which is usually standard in Australia, but not always so in the USA!). But the room facilities came second to the atmosphere, we felt like part of a large family rather than guests, encouraged to grab a cup of coffee or take a book from the library and relax by the pool. We had only one brief night to spend in Key West unfortunately, but would not hesitate to stay at Eden House again. Well done to the team - we loved our Key West stay!

2  Thank Cazbee
Reviewed 20 October 2010

It pains me to write this review but I feel compelled since I've been staying at the Eden House for over 15 years and this is the first time I've seen a noticeable decline in what I used to think was the best place to stay and to relax in Key West. My wife and I stayed in what used to be one of our favorite rooms - Private Deluxe with a porch and swing. When we entered the room, it smelled very musty and damp despite the A/C unit running. The temperature was fine but I've never experienced such a musty, moldy, damp smell in an Eden House room. At night, the usually crisp, white sheets felt damp to sleep on! The nicely remodeled bathroom was plagued with mold and mildew in the shower - yuk! I realize the Eden House is stickler for going green and using green products but these are obviously not cleaning the shower grout very well if mold and mildew is growing in there. Other attention to detail items that Eden House used to be known from seem to be slipping as well - paint is showing noticeable wear in many areas; the signature relaxing background music played throughout the day is now louder and riddled with occasional 'techno' dance music... not what I came to Key West to hear while relaxing by the pool and spa. I'll give it one more chance but these issues might be evidence of a scarce Mike Eden on the property and the 20-somethings left to 'manage' the property.

6  Thank CRD130
Reviewed 16 October 2010

We stayed at the Eden House for the first time this past week. The friendly staff — primarily Gina and Stephanie — couldn't have been more helpful. They recommended places to eat and things to do and we were never disappointed! The standard room that our friends stayed in was REALLY small. Our deluxe room was a bit bigger, but still small. Considering we didn't spend a lot of time in our rooms (even with two days of continual rain!), this wasn't a big deal for us. Everything is clean and well maintained. The stained glass throughout the property was a nice touch. The only disappointment was that we were supposed to be in a room with a porch swing but that somehow got messed up because there were no rooms with a swing available when we arrived. Oh well ... next time. And I'm guessing there will be a next time!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends