The Galleon Resort And Marina
US$393
US$345
  • Beachfront
Ocean Key Resort & Spa(Key West)
US$463
US$301
US$251
The Marker
  • Pool
Havana Cabana at Key West(Key West)
US$262
US$370
US$335
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstime sharefront streetoverlooking the marinamallory squarerci exchangesmall beachperfect locationgreat tiki barbedroom unitfull kitchenthe penthousegulf of mexicotwin bedsold townhot tubpool towelsbeach area
Reviewed 17 August 2011

The location is the only good thing about this resort. There was little for the kids to do. It was almost impossible to park, the covered lot was too small and the outside spots were always taken. The staff were not helpful. The toilet was broken when we checked in and never fixed. We asked several times for cleaning supplies to do the dishes but they were never provided. The maid never came for a midweek clean. After we checked out they charged my credit card $80 for four hours of extra cleaning. When I asked to see the pictures of the mess I was sent pictures of a room that was not ours, the pictures showed beer cans and bottles and no one in our party drinks beer ( I was traveling alone with 4 young children). The manager was rude when I tried to discuss this with him. I would not recommend this hotel.

10  Thank dyshgasa
Reviewed 15 August 2011

The Galleon is a timeshare resort that also rents condo apartments by the night or week.
Recently having undergone a renovation, it offers a variety of conveniences. The rooms are spacious and offer a pool or marina view. They are 2 bedroom/2 bath units. Complete kitchen with washer/dryer, free wifi. You can walk the boardwalk to Key West Historic Seaport or walk in the other direction to Mallory Square. Duval Street is two short blocks away.
The Galleon has a large pool, hot tub and beach area along with a sundeck along the waterfront. There is also an exercise room and an Observation Deck on one of the buildings. The Sunset Tiki bar is open all day and the Dockside restaurant is perfect for breakfast or lunch when your lounging around the pool. Room service is also offered. Water sports are available downstairs at the marina. The marina is also an added plus for boaters. Location, Location, the Galleon is the heart of it all! I recommend staying there. You won't be disappointed. They don't miss a beat in providing everything for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank babsrose
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Great location... outdated with very poor, very small parking spots.. however, I have been coming here every year for the last 20 yrs so I know what to expect... but be warned that small kids can EASILY fit through the balcony railings!! My 2 1/2 yr old daughter EASILY fit right through the railings with just a slight turn of her shoulders... her head went through with a couple inches to spare! Within a split second- and I was standing RIGHT there- she slid through the railings hanging on from the OUTSIDE of the balcony and said happily "Look at me!!"... I was in total shock and scared to death! Luckily, she calmly came right back in as easily as she got out. I explained to her that she can never do that again and she could get really bad boo-boo's! When I explained it to the front desk, I was rudely told they hear that alot- the resort is not meant for small kids- and I needed better parental supervision! I was so mad because I was RIGHT THERE! He asked me "What do you want us to do? Plexiglass the whole balcony??" I simply explained, maybe there could at least be a letter in the room stating that kids can fit through the railings, or some sort of warning... I mean, there were even numerous letters in the room stating to not put lobster tails down the garbage disposal, can't they at least put a small warning somewhere for the safety of their guests??? He again told me that parents need to supervise their kids.... Overall rating- good for older kids...

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank pltn
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Spent 10 days in Key West with our 3 teenage/adult children.
It was a wonderful trip and the resort only added to our enjoyment.

Honestly I was a little concerned about customer service, since I only looked at previous reviews AFTER I had booked with an individual owner. I must say we received EXCELLENT customer service while here.
Examples:
On the first day our refrigerator had a fishy odor- within 10 minutes of reporting (actually I simply ask if baking soda could be supplied), housekeeping was re-cleaning and deodorizing the refrigerator
On day two- One of the bathrooms had a slow draining shower--within 15 minutes of placing a call it was fixed!
Front desk thanked me for reporting the problem(s) each time and dealt with the issues immediately.

We stayed in a 2 story unit in Building E with a view of the harbor. Enjoyed watching the fishing and diving boats coming and going. The condo was exactly as promised.
The views are different from building to building--ask if you have a preference!

Staff are available if you need assistance with booking excursions--coupon packet provided at checkin. Free Yoga on Sunday on the deck.

Location can't be beat!! Within walking distance to resturants, bars, museums, and other attractions. Far enough away from Duval (1.5 blocks) that noise is not an issue.

A few points that could be helpful...
Check in is at 4pm (if your condo is available earlier, they MAY be able to check you in earlier -- but don't count on it) They will let you store luggage, enjoy the pool (and even provide a changing area) and process your parking permit.
Check out is 10am - if you plan to have a late flight, address it BEFORE you book.

Already planning the next trip!

Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed with our 3 teenage boys (13,15 &19) in a 2 bedroom 2 bath unit in the F bldg. Our unit had balcony that overlooked the marina. This was perfect for us...the kitchen allowed us to have cold drinks, cereal, milk and snacks...the 2 bedrooms and living room allowed us to spread out...and having 2 bathrooms was priceless! The Galleon is not full service and you will pay extra to have your room cleaned while you're there...we let it go for the 4 days we were there. The pool is ok...we spent more time in the salt water by their little beach...and at the pool bar.
We had stayed at the Ocean Key previously but this time the kids were bigger and we had added one more...so we would have needed 2 rooms at the Ocean Key (which we love). Our unit at the Galleon was $350/night and you just can't beat that with a pasty of 5.

Room Tip: Request a marina or water view.
1  Thank McTraveler14