“Fabulous”

and 1 more site!
The Galleon Resort And Marina
Ranked #46 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 8 June 2013

The Galleon is a luxury timeshare resort. They rent out empty rooms to short-term guests. The staff is great and the resort provides Saturday airport shuttles, and weekly grocery shopping. I think the G building was originally built as employee housing. The rest of the buildings have new accomodations and great views. They have shoe-horned everything a vacation traveller can want except for fine dining. The Galleon is within a few minutes walk of the entire panoply of restaurants in Key West. In Key West you can find water sports, fishing, sailing, SCUBA, historical walks, or just lie on the beach. After dark, Key West comes alive with evening entertainment for adults of all ages. It is truly America's carribean island.

Room Tip: Get one of the regular 2BR 2BA units.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John117592

Reviewed 8 June 2013

The Galleon was all we expected and more. As they say location is everything. The setting is beautiful. You are near everything you would care to do never had to move my car. Everything is in walking distance and there is a trolley that tours the island with multiple stops for on off shopping.
There is a Tiki bar at the galleon where you can have breakfast, lunch and dinner if you like also plenty of restaurants along the boardwalk. We did the happy hour where there are a lot of specials due to the amount of restaurants wanting your business.

Room Tip: higher floors looking over the water
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank handsome200067
Reviewed 3 June 2013

This is one of those reports I wish I did not have to write.

The Good! Great Location, very close to the beginning of Duval Street and on the water. A great looking facility with a harbor.

The Bad! Of course it is Expensive! Unhappily the staff does not feel that they need to provide any amenities for the Expense. Parking is Horrible ... don't necessarily think your room comes with a space to park .. you may need to fight for that privilege Amenities are difficult to understand for instance - we were going to the Hot Tub and because we wanted to take a beverage along we called the Front Desk to ask for plastic glasses ... we were told those were not available and if we wanted those we could go to CVS store in town and buy some. Now I am pretty sure no hotel person wants glass anywhere near their pool areas and I am real sure there are plastic glasses in the Hotel bar areas

Ok, the room was pleasant. But , after "maid" service .. we discovered that not all the towels were replaced, dirty glasses and cups were not replaced, the bathroom shower and sinks were not cleaned. After many calls to the front desk an irate Supervisor showed up and proceeded to tell us that is the way they do things here. We proceeded to explain to her that for $300 a night I did not feel the need to go to the store and buy cleaning products to clean my cups and glasses and to buy coffee for the coffee maker. I found out that the Hotel only supplies one coffee for the room no matter how many nights you stay. So, be prepared to bring your own coffee, tea or whatever. It is interesting that the Hotel does not feel the need to provide body lotion as part of the bathroom supplies. I don't remember staying in a Hotel that did that. I expected the "normal" Hotel service s to be provided. Did I mention the "Resort Fee"? you get "free Internet" service however that only works until you let your device rest for a bit and then you have to log back in. A huge pain to be doing their frequent log ins. Have they not heard of the mobile phone "hot spots"? They claim the "resort fee" is mandatory. I do NOT like Resort fees ... that should be just part of their room charges.

The view from our window was priceless .... first it was difficult to see out the windows because the dirt was so bad, I would think they had never been washed. The view out the window? One window was "a jungle of large plants" the other window was parking lot, dumpster's and motor scooters. About as ugly as you can get.

It is interesting they claim to have RCI "Gold " status ... I sure didn't see it from what I saw of the place.

So, all in all, I have to give this place a one star for being a bad value, a staff that doesn't care what you think, a manager that is not available and having their own set of non standard rules. I would urge you to find another place to stay!

Room Tip: You might like to look at the Hyatt next door or some of the other properties in the area.
3  Thank Rich062
Reviewed 2 June 2013

The galleon Resort is where we try to stay every trip to Key West. The marina is always entertaining to people watch from your patio, so we ask for the 5th floor penthouse that provides the best view. They have a rooftop observation area for great photo ops for sunset. The TIKI bar has great entertainment most afternoons an nights. The rooms have been or are getting as I type Kitchen upgrades to go along with recent bathroom and entertainment upgrades. My only area of improvement would be to have the check-in process improved. A priority should be for guests already there to havde housekeeping clean those rooms first. We arrived early--but our room was one of the very last ones cleaned (six hours after we got to the front desk).

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor penthouse rooms. They have the best views and have an extra Queen bed in the...
1  Thank Garnersteve
Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

The Galleon Resort is the best place to stay in Key West.

However, if you prefer to stay at a bed and breakfast for a camping type experience. Then stay at the curry mansion which is "roughing it" compared to the Galleon.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank MargoandEd
Reviewed 29 May 2013

My wife and I had the good fortune of spending Memorial Day weekend at the Galleon. What an incredible experience!!! The property is beautiful located directly on A&B Marina. The condo was beautiful decorated and furnished. The furnishings were very relaxing and gave the feeling of being in a tropical paradise. There were double doors in the bedroom and living room opening on to the private balcony overlooking the marina. The view was, in a word, spectacular! The bathroom may have been the most impressive with wall to wall ceramic tile, a rain shower, and a whirlpool tub. The resort is directly next to the historic harbor walk and not far from Duval Street, a very convenient location that allows you to walk to all the fun. There are several high end and casual restaurants right next to the property and multiple excursions located in the same marina. The staff was professional but not particularly which I've come to notice about most high end resorts. Also, turn down service is not included and is quite pricey. All in all, I don't think there is a better place to stay in Key West.

Room Tip: If you can, request a condo overlooking the marina!
Reviewed 28 May 2013

After a two day sail in +25 kt winds and running the Northwest Channel in the dark, we arrived at 230am. The was two guys ready to get us docked and set for a weeklong stay. The facilities, dockage, washrooms, showers, pool and bar were great. Location was good too. We could walk everywhere we needed to go.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends