The Galleon Resort And Marina
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Pier House Resort & Spa(Key West)
  • Pool
Ocean Key Resort & Spa(Key West)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewstime sharefront streetoverlooking the marinamallory squarerci exchangesmall beachperfect locationgreat tiki barbedroom unitfull kitchenthe penthousegulf of mexicotwin bedsold townhot tubpool towelsbeach area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 December 2008

My fiance and I stayed at the Galleon on December 9th - 13th. Our wedding was on the 13th and I contacted the Galleon in June to see if we could book the observation deck for our ceremony, the assistant mangager told me he would put through my request and get back to me with an answer and pricing. He never called me back I called to check the status 6 times no one would talk to me about it and kept putting me into vociemail. I also called to see if we could up grad our room to a room with a balcony. When I go the call to upgrade I could understand what the customer service person was saying because his english was so bad so I just said yes I want the room thinking that they knew I wanted a balcony room. I called back later to confirm that it was a balcony room and they said yes. When I arrived we had a room with no balcony and a window facing the elevator wall. I called they told me that I made the mistake and still charged me for the "upgrade". Needless to say it was completely disappointing stay especially for a my wedding. My family and I will NEVER stay again with such rude people and horrible service.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
5  Thank rrice215
Reviewed 8 December 2008

My wife & I exchanged through RCI. We had a 2 bedroom corner unit that overlooked both the Gulf & the Marina. Please keep in mind that this is a timeshare resort & not a hotel. In exchange for getting maid service only once a week you get a 1 or 2 bedroom unit with a full kitchen& all the amenities that go with it. The resort has an excellent pool with a Tiki Bar, & lounge chairs on the dock overlooking the Gulf. They also have a full Marina if you want to bring your boat. The small restaurant facing the Marina had excellent food for eat in or take out & was very reasonable compared to the rest of Key West. The staff was excellent & very responsive to whatever we requested. The location is about 2 blocks from Duval Street & right on the water. There are about 20 restaurants within a 5 minute walk. Duval St is close enough to walk to for all the action yet far enough away to get peace & quiet when you want it. If you are fine staying in a hotel room for a couple of nights then maybe this is not the place for you. If you want a lot of space & to be able to come in to your unit each night or day & relax, then this is where you want to be. After staying in large comfortable units like the Galleon my wife & I will never stay in a hotel again unless it's only for a night or two.

• Stayed: December 2008
3  Thank jomath
Reviewed 27 October 2008

my family has been going to the galleon for over twenty years. my parents, my sister and my aunt all are owners at the galleon. we decided to buy last year. we take three to five vacations every year- from venezuela, costa rica, mexico, europe, canada, caribbean and we look forward to key west from the moment we leave until the next year, counting down the days. almost without fail, the staff at the galleon is cordial, helpful and efficient. if there is something that we would like to use that is not in the room- a lobster pot, toaster oven, etc.- they promptly deliver it.

we always get the seats we want on the beach. the pool is refreshing and clean and the pool staff is great.

they treat their owners very well. i highly recommentd the galleon and the location cannot be beat!

if you are looking to party hearty and continue on at the galleon, i would suggest a different place. the galleon is quiet and peaceful, family friendly.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank aimeezing
Reviewed 29 September 2008

The room had an outstanding view of the marina and was perfectly located to both the marina and the action on Duval - not too close, not too far - just right! The rooms are large and comfortable. A sure thing!

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David-on-the-Road
Reviewed 16 September 2008

This hotel/resort is unsanitary at the least. Dark dingy. We could not even stay even though we lost our money. Dirt and grunge was so thick it was disgusting. The units are time shares and rented out only to make money. They are not taken care of at all. The cabinets were cracked and coming off the wall. Black stuff ran from the cracks in the shower when the water was running.

To make matters worse we found out after returning home that the pictures of the room on the web were photoshopped obviously to make it look more spacious.

DO NOT STAY HERE NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple