“great room/resort/value”

The Galleon Resort And Marina
Ranked #43 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 15 March 2009

stayed in a "lockout" in E bldg,,,,rented from an indiviual...everything excellant, surprised we got dialy linen service on a weekly rental,,,everything up-to-date, kitchennette nice,,,hated only the low pressure showere heads...pool and staff were good,,views were amazing....can't imagine a better value on the island!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank socrog

Reviewed 4 March 2009

No Car Needed; we can walk to every attraction in Key West. Water sports on site. 3 blocks to Mallory Square for sunset celebration or roof top observation deck afforts a great view of sunset, Sunset Key, and all of Key West. Two blocks to Duval and all the craziness of Key West, but the place is quiet and as secluded as any place in Key West. Great Hot Tub and Fitness room. Pool is relaxing temperature to float all afternoon. Tables with umbrellas make it great to read a book by the pool. Tiki bar and dock side cafe offer Tapas as well as lunch type food. Definate A++ for Key West.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Frank N
Reviewed 20 February 2009

We stayed there for two weeks over the Christmas holidays and loved it. The location is outstanding and the staff was extremely helpful and curteous. We traded in from RCI for a two bedroom suite. Large, clean, and comfortable; with meals on the balcony overlooking the water making the vacation. After reading two of the negative reviews we were hesitant, but friends raved about this place so we tried it. The entire resort was spotless. Would definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ftdmhap
Reviewed 15 January 2009

I was a bit leary to stay here after reading some reviews but had heard from friends of friends who live in Key West that this was the place to stay. There were 4 of us adults traveling and had a 2br unit booked. The check in process was a little longer than expected but we were happy to be in Key West so we didn't care. The gentleman who checked us in was very gracious and helpful about things to do on the island. There was a concierge on property but we never got a chance to meet with her.

Upon entering the unit, we were ecstatic to find that everything was more than we had anticipated. It was like having your own home as it had a full size kitchen which helped save some money for nights out on the town drinking. Our unit faced the marina which was nice as we spent a couple of evenings eating out on the balcony watching the boats come in.

Everyone that we talked to around the pool seemed happy about being there. The location can't be beat! Not sure where these bad reviews came from as the room was clean and everyone was pleasant and its close to the main street of Key West where all the action happens.

We'll be back in a few weeks to attend a wedding and look forward to our trip back!

The only bad part of the trip was having to leave.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends
3  Thank Guytraveler
Reviewed 27 December 2008

My fiance and I stayed at the Galleon on December 9th - 13th. Our wedding was on the 13th and I contacted the Galleon in June to see if we could book the observation deck for our ceremony, the assistant mangager told me he would put through my request and get back to me with an answer and pricing. He never called me back I called to check the status 6 times no one would talk to me about it and kept putting me into vociemail. I also called to see if we could up grad our room to a room with a balcony. When I go the call to upgrade I could understand what the customer service person was saying because his english was so bad so I just said yes I want the room thinking that they knew I wanted a balcony room. I called back later to confirm that it was a balcony room and they said yes. When I arrived we had a room with no balcony and a window facing the elevator wall. I called they told me that I made the mistake and still charged me for the "upgrade". Needless to say it was completely disappointing stay especially for a my wedding. My family and I will NEVER stay again with such rude people and horrible service.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
5  Thank rrice215
Reviewed 8 December 2008

My wife & I exchanged through RCI. We had a 2 bedroom corner unit that overlooked both the Gulf & the Marina. Please keep in mind that this is a timeshare resort & not a hotel. In exchange for getting maid service only once a week you get a 1 or 2 bedroom unit with a full kitchen& all the amenities that go with it. The resort has an excellent pool with a Tiki Bar, & lounge chairs on the dock overlooking the Gulf. They also have a full Marina if you want to bring your boat. The small restaurant facing the Marina had excellent food for eat in or take out & was very reasonable compared to the rest of Key West. The staff was excellent & very responsive to whatever we requested. The location is about 2 blocks from Duval Street & right on the water. There are about 20 restaurants within a 5 minute walk. Duval St is close enough to walk to for all the action yet far enough away to get peace & quiet when you want it. If you are fine staying in a hotel room for a couple of nights then maybe this is not the place for you. If you want a lot of space & to be able to come in to your unit each night or day & relax, then this is where you want to be. After staying in large comfortable units like the Galleon my wife & I will never stay in a hotel again unless it's only for a night or two.

• Stayed: December 2008
3  Thank jomath
Reviewed 27 October 2008

my family has been going to the galleon for over twenty years. my parents, my sister and my aunt all are owners at the galleon. we decided to buy last year. we take three to five vacations every year- from venezuela, costa rica, mexico, europe, canada, caribbean and we look forward to key west from the moment we leave until the next year, counting down the days. almost without fail, the staff at the galleon is cordial, helpful and efficient. if there is something that we would like to use that is not in the room- a lobster pot, toaster oven, etc.- they promptly deliver it.

we always get the seats we want on the beach. the pool is refreshing and clean and the pool staff is great.

they treat their owners very well. i highly recommentd the galleon and the location cannot be beat!

if you are looking to party hearty and continue on at the galleon, i would suggest a different place. the galleon is quiet and peaceful, family friendly.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family