“Very Nice”

Island City House Hotel
Ranked #16 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We rented four rooms here and had a good time. My 11 year old daughter was with us and she loved it. It is a quite little place within walking distance of duval and marina. Rent the bikes from the lobby, it will make life much easier! The morning breakfast was nice too!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Bratt225

Reviewed 30 May 2012

Island City House certainly exceeded our expectations. My wife and I stayed 5 nights in a one bedroom suite and we will definitely stay there again when we return to Key West. Maid service was spectacular...I've never stayed at a place with such well-maintained, clean rooms. Clean towels were never an issue as the housekeepers replenished our bath AND beach towels every day. The staff working in the office was also very good, and were willing to make reservations or provide recommendations for anything you could think of.

My wife and I could only think of a few complaints. First, the continental breakfast could use a little improving. A little more of a selection would be great. Also, the pillows weren't very good. It took about 5 pillows to support my head at night.

All in all, the Island City House is a gorgeous and unique place to stay while you're in Key West.

Room Tip: Suite 22 was a perfect, quiet room with a very nice kitchenette.
Reviewed 29 May 2012

The heavy smell of exotic flowers greets you as you wind along the path to your room in pristine, lush gardens. Polydactyl cats doze in the flowers, languid in the tropical sun. The huge pool, amid the gardens glistens and beckons. Mmmmmm......

Room Tip: Go for the Cigar house!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Stayed here 2 nights with my 9 yr old daughter as we traveled the Keys.
Pros: they take children - many smaller inns in KW don't; beautiful grounds, rooms, courtyard gardens. Cons: They offered, but didn't follow thru to help bring bags up the 3 flights of steep stairs; they don't supply milk w bkfst - sounds small, but if you are a tea drinker, you get this. I requested / suggested it, but ended up going to the corner store and supplying my own; their front desk staff was hot and cold; the whole place has beautiful wrap around verandahs, but the only seating on them are by end rooms, with signs saying they are not to be used by anyone else. If I was with my children again, I guess I'd stay here, but adults only, I'd try a new place for the experience.

Room Tip: Lots of stairs - so go low if not good with them.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank yesimallpacked
Reviewed 28 May 2012

5 blocks from the hustle and bustle of Duval Street is a beautiful Inn that offers a perfect respite. This island hotel is charming with brick walkways, lush gardens with comfortable large rooms loaded with antuques. There are shady verandas for relaxing and a lovely pool. It also has grantie in the small kitchen and our 1 bedroom suite had 2 flat screen TVs. This gem is reasonably priced, in a great location for walking all over Key West and breakfast is included. The staff was wonderful and met our every need. This was our second stay here and we love it! Thanks ICH.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Just completed my second stay at Island City House. This time, I stayed in the Cigar House. This is not only one of my favorite hotels on the island, but one of my favorite places to just spend some time. The Cigar House as very nice. I enjoyed the balcony that overlooked the pool. The room is very large and well kept. The grounds of the hotel are always in amazing shape. The lush landscaping, clean property and colorful buildings make this hotel more than just a place to lay your head. Well done to the team of staff that manages this little gem. We are already planning a return stay for later in the summer!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Brian K
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Our stay in the Cigar House was wonderful. The suite was charming, clean and the location to Duval St. and the Wharf was perfect. This property is set back off the street, so in the evening it's very quiet. We won't hesitate to stay here again when we return to Key West!

Room Tip: We loved the suites in the Cigar House property.
4  Thank Stephanie G