“Love at first sight!”

Ranked #3 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Orlando
“Love at first sight!”
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I'm so glad I found this sweet little gem on Duval! It's clearly an earlier built motel that has been renovated at GREAT expense and with attention to detail. It fits perfectly into the charm of Old Key West.

My husband and I went to KW to celebrate my 50th birthday and it was just as many other reviewers have already stated. Checked in with Sean and found the room to be plenty roomy enough, clean and comfortable. The room was not enormous but quaint and "spa-like" in decor and vibe. The room included a refrigerator, full sized coffee pot, microwave, lovely bath robes, hair dryer, fluffy towels and really nice toiletries. The large flat panel television on the wall was nice too!

We didn't spend much time in the room except for sleeping (the bed was awesome!) because we were out by the pool, sight-seeing, or enjoying the drinks at the Orchid Key Bar. Betty and Andrew were our bartenders and they were exceptional. Pay special attention to Betty's Georgia Peach Martini. It's delicious and she's a sweetheart.

In the mornings from 7 to 10 am, the continental breakfast was substantial and was set up in the Orchid Key Bar. Plenty of offerings and it was nice to grab a tray, get some coffee, and walk a few steps to the pool to enjoy a lovely morning while perusing the Key West Citizen newspaper.

We had the pleasure of getting to know Brandon and Kim at the front desk and they provided exceptional service to us, giving us insider tips as local residents of the area. They treated us like long time friends.

The location was ideal for us and surprisingly quiet, it's hard to believe this inn is on Duval. It's on the more quiet side of Duval, but everything was within walking distance.

If you go, don't miss having a meal at Sweet Tea's. It's about two blocks away and we thank Brandon for recommending it. We ate there twice. Most important, take time to do the Danger Charters Wind and Wine cruise. Lovely sunset, great wine, small group. Thanks to Kim for suggesting it. It was a perfectly lovely birthday and I will never forget it.

To my new friends at Orchid Key Inn, Melissa and Bill will be back!

Room Tip: We stayed pool side, just near the spa. The water features and landscaping kept any street noise do...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TimeTrvlr4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We spent a few days at the Orchid Key Inn for my wife's birthday in June and were thrilled with both the accommodations and the staff. We wanted an upscale room in the heart of Key West and loved this little Inn. We walked to every restaurant and usually took our Soft Coated Wheaten canine "daughter" with us. Private parking right in front of our room was a huge plus and the rooms are newly remodeled with a touch or elegance. We look forward to a return visit at this little gem.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Lawrence, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 September 2011

We stayed at the Orchid Key Inn during our first trip to Key West. It was absolutely everything we could have asked for and more!
Brandon and Kim at the front desk were amazing. My husband and I asked for restaurant tips and ideas of places to go; they always had the best suggestions and were so helpful and gracious.
The room was so comfortable! They provide you with Bath and Body Works soaps, shampoo, and conditioner. Those were such a nice touch! The maids did a wonderful job everyday, and we always had enough towels and linens.
The pool area was awesome! We spent lots of time hanging out there, and the other guests were so friendly as well. We found that it was mostly couples at the hotel, but there were also several families as well. The bar by the pool was great, and so were all the bartenders! You get free drink coupons for each day, but the bartenders were so kind to us and brought us out other drinks during the heat of the day so we could enjoy them! What a nice treat and what lovely people!
The grounds were beautifull kept and everything was done in the tropical decor you would expect. The location (right on Duval) was wonderful. You were close to so many bars and restaurants, yet we never heard anything like voices or traffic when we were trying to sleep at night.
Overall, this was a fantastic vacation. I am so grateful that, because of Trip Advisor, we found Orchid Key Inn. We would definitely stay there again anytime we go back to Key West!

Reviewed 11 September 2011

My fiancé and I just adore this hotel! Try the "Gin + Juice", the house signature cocktail with Hendricks Gin, Fresh Cucumber + Grapefruit Juice...Delish!!

• Stayed August 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 11 September 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 5 nights and had a fantastic stay!!
-Perfect location - just off the main street (with great restaurants and bars all within walking distance) but yet so quiet and relaxing - the best of both worlds!!
-Staff (especially Brandon!) were brilliant, very helpful and friendly, great advice on where to eat etc, they wont put you wrong.
-Rooms are small but perfectly formed :) beautifully decorated. Everything was spotless and linens, towels, decor, fittings were all of a high standard.
-Pool area is small but again perfect!! Very peaceful, spotless, great place to relax with a cocktail from the bar - cocktails were amazing!

If we are lucky enough to return to Key West we will definately be staying in the Orchid Key Inn- cannot fault this hotel at all.

Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 September 2011

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in August, 2011. I cannot say enough nice things about this hotel. Forgive me if I ramble...

Location. It is about 3 blocks from the Southernmost Point/Hotel on Duval Street. It is definitely on the quieter end of street. If you don't mind a little more walking, this is awesome. Don't be fooled though, there is still lots to eat and lots to do on this end, we just found that more of the attractions/bars were on the other end though.

Hotel. The hotel itself was awesome. The pictures on their website look exactly like what it looks like in person. It is very quaint and everyone is so friendly. Check in and check out was a breeze. The pool area and hot tub area were awesome. Again, pictures don't like in this case and this really looked like something out of a movie to the point where I feel like the price is really low for the hotel.

Bar. The fact that you get a free drink ticket for each registered person per night is awesome in itself. It used to be that you could only use it during happy hour, but they changed it where you can go whenever the bar is open. We found this to be so much fun! Betty the bartender is AWESOME! We found it was a lot of fun to socialize with others who were staying at the hotel and to learn where everyone was from and talk. It was just so much fun.

Breakfast. Despite it being a small hotel, this was probably one of the best continental breakfasts ever. They had bagels, cereal, muffins, juice, fresh fruit cups and parfaits, pasteries and the best part - a tray to take it back to your cozy bed and eat breakfast in bed! Perfect!

Rooms. Speaking of cozy beds, the rooms were unbelievable. A huge t.v. (which my husband was particularly happy about when we were in the room), super comfy bed, modern and trendy decor, the bathroom was really upscale and nice as well. Again, I feel like the bang for your buck here is huge. I don't know why the prices were so cheap, but I felt like they could have gotten a lot more per night. Most rooms also overlooked the pool which was a nice way to wake up.

I feel like I keep using the same word over: "perfect", but it really was. It was so quaint that you knew others who were staying at the hotel. You would talk about what everyone was doing for the day. The employees were just as nice if not nicer. They make you feel like a long lost friend and make you feel so at home.

Really, don't hesitate if you are looking for an amazing hotel in Key West. You will not at all be disappointed.

2 Thank GrlLuvs2HavFun
Saint Charles, Illinois
Reviewed 8 September 2011

I stayed at the Orchid Key over Labor Day weekend with my wife and a friend while we were in Key West for a wedding. It. was. awesome. Having been on a cruise the week before, my standards were higher than usual, but Kim, Sean, and Brandon did a fantastic job making sure our stay was pleasant (yes, the service was really that good). Don't let the exterior of the property fool you; the rooms are *extremely* nice, the pool was clean/kept, and lets not forget the happy hour everyday at the on-site bar. Our bed was *very* comfortable, and the bathroom was luxurious. (I slept better on it then I do on my bed at home).

I'm looking forward to returning to Key West, and I'll be staying at the Orchid Key when I do.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends