I'm so glad I found this sweet little gem on Duval! It's clearly an earlier built motel that has been renovated at GREAT expense and with attention to detail. It fits perfectly into the charm of Old Key West.
My husband and I went to KW to celebrate my 50th birthday and it was just as many other reviewers have already stated. Checked in with Sean and found the room to be plenty roomy enough, clean and comfortable. The room was not enormous but quaint and "spa-like" in decor and vibe. The room included a refrigerator, full sized coffee pot, microwave, lovely bath robes, hair dryer, fluffy towels and really nice toiletries. The large flat panel television on the wall was nice too!
We didn't spend much time in the room except for sleeping (the bed was awesome!) because we were out by the pool, sight-seeing, or enjoying the drinks at the Orchid Key Bar. Betty and Andrew were our bartenders and they were exceptional. Pay special attention to Betty's Georgia Peach Martini. It's delicious and she's a sweetheart.
In the mornings from 7 to 10 am, the continental breakfast was substantial and was set up in the Orchid Key Bar. Plenty of offerings and it was nice to grab a tray, get some coffee, and walk a few steps to the pool to enjoy a lovely morning while perusing the Key West Citizen newspaper.
We had the pleasure of getting to know Brandon and Kim at the front desk and they provided exceptional service to us, giving us insider tips as local residents of the area. They treated us like long time friends.
The location was ideal for us and surprisingly quiet, it's hard to believe this inn is on Duval. It's on the more quiet side of Duval, but everything was within walking distance.
If you go, don't miss having a meal at Sweet Tea's. It's about two blocks away and we thank Brandon for recommending it. We ate there twice. Most important, take time to do the Danger Charters Wind and Wine cruise. Lovely sunset, great wine, small group. Thanks to Kim for suggesting it. It was a perfectly lovely birthday and I will never forget it.
To my new friends at Orchid Key Inn, Melissa and Bill will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Orchid Key Inn ranked in top 10 "Best Small Hotels in the United States"- Miami Herald.... The luxury Orchid Key is located on Duval Street and Truman; the very crossroads of Historic Old Town. Lush tropical landscapes surround our elegant amenity filled guest rooms and suites which surround our tranquil waterfalls, peaceful sun deck, heated pool, and spa. Everything the island is famous for is just foot steps outside our gates. Come experience the five orchid treatment. "Travelers Choice Award Top 10 Small Hotel as well as the Top 10 for Romantic in the USA 2013, 2014,and 2015". #1 For Highest guest satisfaction in Key West. The perfect location in Old Town Historic Key West surrounded by some of the finest dinning on Duval Street. Offering award-winning service and amenities of a luxury resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Orchid Key Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orchid Key Hotel Key West
- Orchid Key Inn Key West, Florida