First trip to Key West. Just a quick 4 day- 3 night trip. Drove down from Ft. Lauderdale .Two couples from New England celebrating our 30th wedding anniversaries. It is sometimes difficult to believe anonymous reviews, but every time I have used Trip Advisor they have been completely accurate. This time was no exception. Picked the Orchid Key Inn based on Trip Advisor reviews and could not have been happier with our choice! Everything was just as advertised. Clean large rooms, great little bar, complementary breakfast and most of all very pleasant and friendly staff (Thank you Brandon, Kim, Betty , and Jean !) that could not do enough to make your stay perfect. This is, as advertised, a renovated 50's era one story, old time motel, not unlike we have in Cape Cod. However, there is nothing even close to this on the Cape! We weren't sure what to expect, but having stayed at the Ritz Carlton Residences in SF and the Bellagio in Las Vegas, we were equally pleased with the Orchid Key Inn! A completely different setup from a large hotel, but every bit as impressive. As others have stated best location is poolside if possible (we stayed on the driveway side, did not hear a thing and were completely happy.) Perfectly located in the center of Duval Street, bike shop, tour stop across the street, CVS around the corner in case you forgot something, 10 minute walk to Mallory Square ,5 minutes to the Southernmost end. With rooms that were spacious and clean and beds that were extremely comfortable, a large walk in shower, two huge TV's, mini refrigerator and microwave, nice small pool and hot tub, comfortable lounge chairs, etc., we could have hung around the motel and been perfectly content! But no one should come to Key West to hang in the room! We too happened upon Fantasy Fest, at least the first few days of it, and all we could say was "WOW"- what a time!! Everyone, no matter what age should experience it ! Lastly, took the Sunset Cruise on the Danger schooner and that was unbelievable! Only 12 passengers and all the beer, wine and munchies you can eat for the two hour sail! Don't pass this up! All in all we would recommend this motel to everyone! Know what it is. Personal service almost B and B like, not a large resort and you won't be disappointed. Can't wait to come back, only this time for a longer stay!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Orchid Key Inn ranked in top 10 "Best Small Hotels in the United States"- Miami Herald.... The luxury Orchid Key is located on Duval Street and Truman; the very crossroads of Historic Old Town. Lush tropical landscapes surround our elegant amenity filled guest rooms and suites which surround our tranquil waterfalls, peaceful sun deck, heated pool, and spa. Everything the island is famous for is just foot steps outside our gates. Come experience the five orchid treatment. "Travelers Choice Award Top 10 Small Hotel as well as the Top 10 for Romantic in the USA 2013, 2014,and 2015". #1 For Highest guest satisfaction in Key West. The perfect location in Old Town Historic Key West surrounded by some of the finest dinning on Duval Street. Offering award-winning service and amenities of a luxury resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Orchid Key Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orchid Key Hotel Key West
- Orchid Key Inn Key West, Florida