Things that were perfect:
1. Location. Right on Duval. You can walk to Southernmost Point on one end of the block to Mallory Square on the other end.
2. Clean. Smelled clean & was immaculate.
3. 95% quiet. Slight noise from the bar on Sunday night- but not enough to actually keep you awake. Really barely worth mentioning- but I will for people who are super sensitive to noise.
4. Front desk. Brandon, Cindy and Kim. Awesome. You need reservations, information, taxis, whatever. They will do it, find it, call and are happy to help you. This is RARE! The customer service they provide is beyond what I have ever experienced.
5. 60s motel look on outside with totally updated & modern finishes inside.
6. Beautiful little poolside bar with complimentary happy hour with a free drink each night.
7. Great complimentary continental breakfast each morning, sit by the pool with coffee & (delicious- not just average) bakery goodies so you don't have to rush out every morning.
If this was a Perfect World:
1. We had the King suite that opened onto the driveway. No natural light to speak of comes in through the living room window. The bedroom window is a privacy window with foliage in front of it so no light comes in there. It's darkish in there even in daytime - but really not a big deal. We were only in there in the morning anyway. But the fact that it has 2 TVs, a sofa, microwave, small fridge & a beautiful counter to sit at more than makes up for it.
2. Bathroom is really nice with good shower pressure & hot water but the toilet is in a separate room across the hall which was a little odd- but again- no big deal.
I can't even imagine anyone not loving staying here. It's a gem! Thank you Brandon, Cindy & Kim!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Orchid Key Inn ranked in top 10 "Best Small Hotels in the United States"- Miami Herald.... The luxury Orchid Key is located on Duval Street and Truman; the very crossroads of Historic Old Town. Lush tropical landscapes surround our elegant amenity filled guest rooms and suites which surround our tranquil waterfalls, peaceful sun deck, heated pool, and spa. Everything the island is famous for is just foot steps outside our gates. Come experience the five orchid treatment. "Travelers Choice Award Top 10 Small Hotel as well as the Top 10 for Romantic in the USA 2013, 2014,and 2015". #1 For Highest guest satisfaction in Key West. The perfect location in Old Town Historic Key West surrounded by some of the finest dinning on Duval Street. Offering award-winning service and amenities of a luxury resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Orchid Key Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orchid Key Hotel Key West
- Orchid Key Inn Key West, Florida