“Can't wait to come back!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Orchid Key Inn

Orchid Key Inn
Ranked #3 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Danville, Virginia
“Can't wait to come back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

Another fantastic stay at Orchid Key! Great place to relax and unwind by the pool. Kim is awesome and goes out her way to be helpful. Clean and modern rooms on the quiet end of Duval Street. We'll be returning soon!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Wahoo640

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
Troy, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

The rooms are clean and modern. The staff goes out of its way to be helpful and their advice regarding activities was spot on. Can't beat the location. Almost everything is within walking distance or a short bike ride. Pool and spa are clean and continental breakfast is very good.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank CRPJS
Göttingen, Deutschland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

The location of the hotel is brilliant. The hotel room was clean, but quite dark and not very big. When we checked in, our receptionist was not really friendly and helpful. The breakfast was quite good and the staff there was really nice and friendly. Pool area is good.

Die Lage des Hotels ist fabelhaft. Die Zimmer sind sauber, aber ziemlich dunkel und nicht sehr groß. Als wir eingecheckt haben, war unser Rezeptionist nicht wirklich freundlich und hilfreich. Das Frühstück war verhältnismäßig gut und das Personal dort sehr nett und freundlich. Der Pool war gut.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank EU-Traveller-EU
Boardman, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

I did a lot of research before choosing the Orchid for our first visit to Key West. Before going, my husband, who leaves the planning up to me, was not as confident about my choice as I was. When you see the Orchid from the street, it looks like a little strip motel from the 50s or 60s. As it turns out, that look only adds to the charm. It is a thoroughly modern luxury hotel on the quiet end of Duvall Street, easily accessible to just about everywhere. My husband and I both loved the Orchid and eagerly anticipate our next visit.

We stayed in a one-bedroom suite (Room 104), which was very spacious. I believe that all the suites face the parking lot, but that was never a problem. (Noise was not a problem either. I believe that I heard a few sirens during the time that we were there, but nothing that kept me awake.) The unit was very clean. The linens are wonderful, including the large, fluffy towels. The shower is large, and I liked the controls on the opposite wall as the shower head. The only thing missing was a clock in the bedroom. We couldn't just roll over in the middle of the night and see what time it was. (Perhaps it was just our particular room that was missing a clock for some reason.)

The staff at the Orchid is superb. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. Cindy checked us in and gave me suggestions for places to go; Kim advised us for most of our stay; and I finally got to meet Brandon on the day we checked out. I especially appreciated Amy, one of the bartenders at the Orchid Bar. On our first day there, I told her that I wasn't a big drinker and I didn't want anything that would "put me under the table." For four days she made me the most luscious, refreshing drinks -- raspberry lemonade, mango colada, key lime martini, caramel apple martini, and an acai mojito. My husband and I both enjoyed conversations with her. We also enjoyed talking to Christina, another bartender, who kept us entertained with stories about the East Martello Museum (after I had asked about it).

The breakfast was a bonus and more than sufficient on the days that we planned on having a big lunch. On the day that we planned to skip lunch because of an early dinner reservation, we went out for a more substantial breakfast.

The pool area, although small, is lovely. Fruit-infused water is available all day. Although I only spent a few minutes one afternoon at the pool while catching up on email (good WiFi), an attendant immediately brought me a rolled towel on which to rest my head.

Staying at the Orchid Key Inn helped to make our first visit to Key West a memorable one!

3 Thank gnancy2011
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

Location is superb.
Yu can walk almost everywhere that you might wish to visit.
Right on Duval Street which is near almost everthing and is in walking distance Hemingway House.
Light House is around the corner.
Evey tour is within a short walk.
Geat sevice and just a lovely environment.
Lovey and sweet staff.
What are you waiting for!
Book it and enjoy.
I know we will return and bring friends and family!
Casual elegance at its very best!!

Room Tip: Ask!! They will try to accomodate your needs.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Travelbear007
Watkinsville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

My wife and I stayed here last week for our Anniversary trip to Key West and had a great time. Brandon, Kim and the rest of the people at the property were great. From setting your dinner reservations to getting bicycles lined up everyone was happy to help and give recommendations. Breakfast is complimentary as well as your first drink at the Orchid bar every night at Happy Hour. The rooms are well appointed and very clean. We can't wait for our next trip to the Keys.

Room Tip: Take room 122 if it is available, if not try to be on the Truman side of the property.
1 Thank bloftin
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

We really enjoyed our recent stay at The Orchid Inn. Our poolside room was quiet, nicely appointed with a comfortable bed, nice linens, spacious shower and even a Keurig Coffeemaker! We enjoyed a continental breakfast poolside every morning. It is located on the quieter portion of Duval Street and we could either walk or cruiser bike everywhere. The best thing, however about this lovely Inn was the friendly staff - the breakfast ladies were so cheerful, our room was cleaned nicely, Brandon and Kim were so helpful and accommodating and the ambiance of this lovely place made our visit to Key West so enjoyable. Their high rating is well deserved! We highly recommend The Orchid Inn and hope to return again.

Room Tip: The poolside rooms are a great, quiet location to enjoy the quaint and beautiful pool courtyard area...
1 Thank Carol D