My husband and I just returned from a marvelous stay at the Orchid Key and all the excellent reviews were absolutely right. Brandon and Kim provide the best service of any concierge we have seen in any hotel - and it is always with a smile. Being new to a city means that there are many questions about where to go and what to do and the two of them were just great at providing the answers.
The Inn is a wholly renovated old motel and everything that was done is handsome, sleek and beautiful. We had a suite on the driveway, closer to Duval than the pool rooms, but rarely heard noise from the street. Sirens were an exception but those are meant to be loud enough to be heard.
The "continental" breakfast was wonderful - it included not only pastry but yogurt, cold cereals and hard-boiled eggs. One minus is that the cut-up fruit often seemed a bit too old but there were plenty of other choices. The pastries were pretty varied but not all were up to a high standard.
The afternoon cocktail nibbles were perfect - cut-up cheese and vegetables, different dips every day, several kinds of crackers. Just enough to take the edge off hunger but not so much that dinner was spoiled.
I'm pretty fussy about beds and the bed here was super comfortable; I also loved the comforters - better than home!
The pool and hot tub were great. I was a bit worried that there are no umbrellas around the pool but another TA person said not to worry. She was right - between the abundant vegetation and the change in the sun, it was always possible to be in the shade.
There is no place directly outside one's room to sit outside - but there are ample seats and tables around the pool, mere steps away. If one was in a poolside room, it probably felt as if the seating area was one's own. We did love our suite, which had a living room and two flat-screen tvs. Great comfort and luxury.
p.s. There is no fitness center. Kim said there was one a short walk away. In fact, it took my husband 15 minutes to get there. Not so convenient so he ended up doing daily runs. Just thought I'd mention this in case it is important to you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Orchid Key Inn ranked in top 10 "Best Small Hotels in the United States"- Miami Herald.... The luxury Orchid Key is located on Duval Street and Truman; the very crossroads of Historic Old Town. Lush tropical landscapes surround our elegant amenity filled guest rooms and suites which surround our tranquil waterfalls, peaceful sun deck, heated pool, and spa. Everything the island is famous for is just foot steps outside our gates. Come experience the five orchid treatment. "Travelers Choice Award Top 10 Small Hotel as well as the Top 10 for Romantic in the USA 2013, 2014,and 2015". #1 For Highest guest satisfaction in Key West. The perfect location in Old Town Historic Key West surrounded by some of the finest dinning on Duval Street. Offering award-winning service and amenities of a luxury resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Orchid Key Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orchid Key Hotel Key West
- Orchid Key Inn Key West, Florida