“Outstanding property and location”
Review of Orchid Key Inn

Orchid Key Inn
Ranked #3 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Stamford, Connecticut
“Outstanding property and location”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We selected the Orchid Key based on Trip Advisor reviews and were extremely pleased. From the street, it doesn't seem like much, but the public facilities, our room (106) and the staff were outstanding. While we normally stay at the high-end chain hotels, we were so glad we didn't for our Kew West visit. Highly recommend this small gem to all.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bobolina2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
Virginia Beach,VA
Reviewed 12 February 2014

My husband and I arrived in Key West for our daughter's destination wedding held at Hemmingway House, so of course, we chose the Orchid Key Inn because it was right around the corner. First of all, we were fortunate to check in early after our 3 hour drive from Florida City. Our room was amazing, luxurious, clean, comfortable and because we had a private patio outside our door, even better. Even tho our room was right along Duvall St. I didn't mind the outside noise of traffic or tourists. I'm an early riser so I would hear all the delivery trucks and roosters crowing. My husband apparently didn't notice any of the noises since he loved the comfort of the king size bed. Of course, another plus to the hotel is the complimentary breakfast and also complimentary bar drinks.(Family members staying at Casa Marina didn't have complimentary breakfast) The staff was friendly and helpful. I wish I had more time as a tourist, instead of 'mother of the bride' since I didn't have enough time to enjoy the full Key West experience. Everything from bars, restaurants, nail salon, CVS store, cigar stand was within walking distance, the humidity and heat didn't even get to me. I'm glad I chose this hotel, it made the wedding and my mini vacation a very memorable event for me and my husband.

Room Tip: Ask for the King Deluxe room which is more private, book early since most of the rooms sell out quic...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank ur2punny
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Key West is my favorite place in the world. I have visited many times and stayed in a variety of places, from a trailer to a five star hotel. The Orchid Key Inn is the very best place I have ever stayed. The entire place is immaculate. From the lobby area, to the grounds, to the rooms, it is gorgeous. The bathroom was so wonderful, I wish I had something as nice in my own home.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Cruzin404
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel is centrally located on the corner of Truman and Duval street. The rooms seem to be recently updated and were nice and clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Brandon (at the front desk) was great at making restaurant suggestions and making reservations. The only reason it is not five stars is because of the price, however overall it was a very good experience.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Cate V
Penhook, VA
Reviewed 8 February 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Orchid Key. The hotel is in an excellent location, close to most major attractions in Key West. The rooms, while a bit small, were equipped with a very comfortable bed and a superb shower - with overhead and hand-held shower heads. What made our experience there perfect was the manager, Kim. She was very friendly, knowledgeable and efficient, marking on a map all the sights we wanted to see and suggesting a few others. She made dinner reservations for us at restaurants we wanted to visit. They were excellent. If we return to Key West, we will certainly stay at the Orchid Key (and hope that Kim is still there).

Room Tip: We stayed in a room at the end of the driveway which was very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank VATraveller3
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 6 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Orchid in September. September is the off season so we got an amazing deal. We loved the location - on Duval and only a short walk to the bustle of Mallory Square. It was very quiet, except a few guests checking out early woke us up one day. We chose the Orchid for the location and we were not disappointed. We had the standard king room, and it was perfectly adequate in size. The room, pool, bar, tables, hot tub - everything was clean. The staff was always friendly and helpful with recommendations. We said we'd only stay at the Orchid on future trips.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lissa3bu
New Jersey
Reviewed 6 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights the last week of January. The rooms are tastefully decorated, clean and have comfortable beds. The staff are knowledgeable and friendly. We also enjoyed fabulous martini's made by bartender Mike during Happy Hour. Great location on Duval away from all the hustle and bustle. Nice pool and outdoor area.Thanks for a great time

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple