Southernmost Beach Resort
US$390
US$345
  • Beachfront
Ocean Key Resort & Spa(Key West)
US$468
US$335
Orbitz.com
US$381
  • Pool
Havana Cabana at Key West(Key West)
US$273
US$194
Hotels.com
6,189 results
All reviewsdewey housela mertranquility pooltanning piershores barwest lawnbeer schoolactivities directorsand barpartial ocean viewduval streetocean frontoceanfront roomquiet end of duvalprivate beachquicheour honeymoon
Reviewed 16 March 2011

We stayed for 2 nights at Le Mer which is a small bed and breakfast run by Southernmost.
Our suite look out at the ocean and was wonderful. The service and breakfast were excellent. The location of the property is easy walking distance to all points in Key West.
I would stay at this property any time I traveled to Key West.

Reviewed 16 March 2011

Absolutely perfect from check in to check out. Personable and professional staff - especially entertainment director, Boomer (great guy, always smiling) - Bartenders (Rich, James) and all the pool side staff. The hotel grounds and rooms are immaculate from dawn to dusk. Unlike many venues in the Keys, the staff here will actually do what it takes to keep you happy - and do it FAST!

We had approx 54 room nights booked accommodating approx. 40 of our friends that stayed here to attend our wedding. Not one of our friends was disappointed. They have managed to retain the pre-renovation charm even though the hotel has grown considerably.

Things to consider when planning your stay here;

When we return we will not select the expensive suites that overlook the ocean on the ends of the buildings. I believe it might be better to stay at the medium priced rooms that overlook the Beach area (still has ocean view). The rooms that run along the beach side provide great views, easy access to beach pool, and have nice relaxing grassy area within steps of the room.

Eat breakfast at the Beachside Cafe on the hotel grounds - moderately priced, excellent service and very quick seating relative to local alternatives. Have at least one Quesadilla for lunch - one of the best anywhere!

You will not need a car. The hotel location is near the opposite end of Duval, taxis frequent the front desk areas, and Pedi cabs are in abundance. Note; Negotiate your Pedi cab fare prior to the ride - especially for women. My two large friends and I took a Pedi cab from one end of Duval to the other for $13.00 - my new wife and her girlfriend were charged $25.00....hmmmm.

Age limit - I believe you must be 25 years old or more to stay here.

Nice little store directly in front of Hotel for misc. food, drink, etc.

Thank you, thank you, thank !!! Timothy and Natalie 3/11

Reviewed 15 March 2011

My fiancé and I stayed at the Southernmost on the Beach as part of our first vacation together to Florida (escaping the winter blues). I debated strongly about the room choice and ended up choosing the new two queen partial water view. The price was a little high, but we were completely satisfied with our room choice (though I don’t think you could go wrong with any of the rooms). Our room was in Block B on the second floor (the first floor being the underground parking). The room is beautiful, clean and spacious. And when we stepped out onto our deck and looked to our left to the ocean, we were even more impressed with the room. It was breathtaking. The whole property is well manicured, clean and gorgeous!

With this hotel we ended up getting exactly what we wanted - a new, clean and luxurious hotel with ocean frontage, yet walking distance to all of the restaurants (about a 45 minute walk to the end of Duval Street). Plus it had the added bonus of a gym, a pool, and an on- sight restaurant.

For us, it added the perfect balance of a vacation. The hotel provided the peacefulness and luxury that I was looking for in a vacation spot, yet one step out onto Duval Street and the fun and craziness that my fiancé loves was all around us. I can’t imagine staying any other place on future trips to Key West!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2011

My wife and I stayed in one of the rooms with lawn view, which also means sea and beach view. Really great.
Location was fantastic on the quiet end of Duval Street.
The hotel left a pleasant feeling and the main thing not so good was the 1970s aircon. I am sure it must be possible to install quieter aircons for the price of this room.

Reviewed 12 March 2011

A friend and I stayed at this hotel in February and LOVED it!! It is in the most perfect location- walking distance to everything in Key West but no directly in the craziness!! We loved the tanning pier and small beach located at the hotel! The beaches in Key West were not great swimming beaches (very rocky) but were perfect for tanning and taking quick swims to cool off. The pool is gorgeous and we swam there daily as well. The rooms were very clean and comfortable- I think we would ask for a second floor with a balcony next time. We enjoyed lunch and drinks by the pool everyday but I would not recommend the restaurant/dinner.We will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends