Southernmost Beach Resort
US$483
US$383
US$348
  • Pool
Havana Cabana Key West(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$370
US$188
US$251
US$197
Sunset Key Cottages(Key West)
US$791
US$764
US$449
US$269
Travelocity
6,078 results
All reviewsdewey housela mertranquility pooltanning piershores barwest lawnbeer schoolactivities directorsand barpartial ocean viewduval streetocean frontoceanfront roomquiet end of duvalprivate beachquicheour honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We stayed at La Mer for our anniversary celebration and could not have been happier. They were nice enough to upgrade our room for our stay! The staff at La Mer and Dewey House (as well as the Southernmost on the Beach) were all very friendly and helpful. Everyone made you feel very at home. The manager for La Mer (Sam) was great with suggestions for what to do in Key West. The breakfast each morning was delicious, great quiches and pastries as well as fresh fruit! We would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LisaMM99
Reviewed 6 June 2012

This was my 3rd visit to Southernmost on the Beach and it did not disappoint. The front desk were so thoughtful at check in, they realized I'd booked a different room than last year and held that room for me as well. The rooms are always super clean and well appointed with toiletries. The cafe is a great easy spot to eat and it is walking distance from all the restaurants. I love having the choice of beach and pool areas. It is great they have a gym too. Will be back again and again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank katie6newjersey
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Massage at spa is not very good. Massage therapist massaged my hair and fingerails well!!! As far as my muscles, the masseuse found the knots, but wasn't abl to go deep enough to release them. Too expensive and the norm is one hour everywhere else...It's 50 minutes here...You can find better places elsewhere...

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank rothgargeert
Colleen M, Guest Relations Manager at Southernmost Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our resort. I am very sorry to hear that the massage you received was less than excellent. We receive quite a lot of positive feedback regarding the services at our spa however; I understand that there can always be an exception and room for improvement. I will be sure to pass this information onto the Spa Manager and see what we can do to improve our services so that our guests receive the best possible treatment and experience. Thank you for sharing your constructive criticism with us and for taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

We just returned from a trip to Dewey house and loved it! Absolutely a great value as they don't have assorted resort fees they lay on you during your stay. I was there when the reviewer below was there. He was hard to ignore. Know that it is such a great spot on a public access beach that there will be weddings there most weekends. You can hear the music but as it is on the quiet side of the island they shut the proceedings down about 10pm. It was not a big deal to walk on the
Beach during the wedding. It was easy to stay on the periphery and just wish the bride and groom well from afar.
I dropped a 20$ bill and the housekeeper tracked me down to return it to me and did not look for any reward. I gave her one anyway.
Breakfast was good to slightly above average. Newspapers were plentiful and of great variety. Coffee makers are in the room if you want some before breakfast is served. Not to mention a great little Cuban breakfast joint across the street with cafe cubano available at 7ish.
I requested a king size bed and had no problem.
The Souternmost grill was above average for lunch with good cerviche, Tuna and calamari.
Duval street is about 50ft away and can be walked easily from Dewey House one way to the far end in about 30 min. On a bike about 10 minutes. Cabs 7-8$ to the far end.
I would never consider staying anywhere else in Key West.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 5 June 2012

My partner and I stayed at this resort in late May/early June and found it to be very true to the more favorable reviews on TA. It's on the quieter end of Key West but since the island is so small you can easily walk, bike or scooter to the busier end of Duval for nightlife. We had several good meals at the hotel restaurant (the fish tacos were fantastic). We would definitely recommend this resort and will return!

Room Tip: Buildings A and B are on the quieter end of the resort.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple