My wife and I stayed here for two nights for our 37th Wedding anniversary. The ocean view room was great but extremely small. The pool and restaurant staff were friendly. The food was good but overpriced. There was a “wine and food festival" the last night that we were there. Having lived in California for a number of years we were not unfamiliar with wine festivals. We didn't know about it until we arrived back at the hotel @ 6 pm. We decided to join and were told it was $45 each to attend. It was our last night and we thought ok we'll splurge. After paying them $90 we were then told that the festival ended @ 7 pm. We said ok we'd make the best of it for an hour. 30 minutes later @ 6:30 there was NO wine on any of the tables. The wines we were briefly able to sample must have been very cheap. They certainly tasted that way. I didn’t recognize any of the labels. The food served was just cheese.
I originally thought that possibly this was a first time event that was held by a local association. However when I checked out I was told than this was the 4th or 5th year of the event was actually sponsored by Southernmost. This was not a first time event, so I’m having a difficult time excusing the way that this entire event was orchestrated. When I shared this with the front desk the response was a very lukewarm and not heartfelt we're sorry"
If you should decide to stay there, don't pay for the ocean view. It's not worth it. You can stay elsewhere on the property and still have access to all of the same amenities and beach. In fact the beach is not a private beach so you could stay anywhere in Key west and enjoy their beach. If you should find yourself staying here the third or fourth week in January, by all means forget the bush league wine and cheese festival. Your $$ and time could better be spent elsewhere.
To summarize I would not recommend this property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located where Duval street meets the Atlantic Ocean in historic old town, Southernmost Beach Resort stretches over 6 acres across 2 city blocks on the quieter end of Duval Street, away from the hustle of Key West activities, but close enough to the excitement when you want it. The resort offers many on-site amenities such as 3 pools, 4 bars, a private oceanfront beach with tanning pier, access to public South Beach, an oceanfront restaurant, fitness center and petite spa. Southernmost Beach Resort now encompasses the Southernmost on the Beach, Southernmost Hotel and La Mer Hotel and Dewey House all part of the former Southernmost Hotel Collection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Southernmost Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southernmost On The Beach Hotel Key West
- Key West Southernmost Beach
- Southernmost Beach Hotel
- Southernmost Beach Resort Key West, Florida