The two of us went March 9-14 of this year, and we were blown away by the amenities. This is a very large resort indeed.
The grounds are expansive, well-maintained, with plenty of oceanfront. There is a large pier that extends out in the ocean with several reclining beach chairs and umbrellas; perfect for watching the sunrise with a book and a cup of coffee. The pool is large and very clean, situated right next to the outdoor bar and adjacent to a small public beach. A large cafe (Southermost Beach Cafe) boasts an extensive menu that serves all meals of the day. The food is fresh and very well-prepared, and the bar is bustling at all hours. There is a sand bar, also beachfront, with hammocks and more chairs if one prefers a quieter place to relax. We stayed in a King Bed with a view of the parking lot, which was fine for us, as it wasn't worth the extra expenditure to pay for a (partial or full) ocean-view when there is so much beachfront property to partake of. All rooms have a balcony and the rooms are all smoke-free. Ours was clean, beautiful, and very comfortable. The only inconvenience was having to keep one of your room keys plugged into a special outlet near the main door in order to work the eco-friendly air conditioning unit, but again no complaints. The staff were likewise friendly and accommodating.
This hotel comes strongly recommended. Bear in mind this is a family hotel, so there are always children in and around the pool in the event that one imagines a quiet couples getaway. There is also daily afternoon entertainment around the pool in the form of either live music or games orchestrated by the activities director. (We could have gone without the "games" portion, as the director was determined to drum up participation in whatever game was being played when it was apparent many of the patrons around the pool simply wanted to lounge with a drink rather than be bothered - **sorry**, but their effort was laudable). Granted, room fare is not cheap (and we opted to go Monday through Friday to stave off the weekend rate increases), but you definitely get what you pay for and we enjoyed our stay immensely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located where Duval street meets the Atlantic Ocean in historic old town, Southernmost Beach Resort stretches over 6 acres across 2 city blocks on the quieter end of Duval Street, away from the hustle of Key West activities, but close enough to the excitement when you want it. The resort offers many on-site amenities such as 3 pools, 4 bars, a private oceanfront beach with tanning pier, access to public South Beach, an oceanfront restaurant, fitness center and petite spa. Southernmost Beach Resort now encompasses the Southernmost on the Beach, Southernmost Hotel and La Mer Hotel and Dewey House all part of the former Southernmost Hotel Collection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Southernmost Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southernmost On The Beach Hotel Key West
- Key West Southernmost Beach
- Southernmost Beach Hotel
- Southernmost Beach Resort Key West, Florida