My wife and I stayed from Friday-Monday for our nine year wedding anniversary. When we first arrived in our room, we were greeted with a bottle of champagne on ice. I had purchased a anniversary gift for my wife that I wanted delivered to the room with some fresh strawberries. I went to the front desk to make the arrangement. The gentleman at the desk advised that I needed to give 48 hours notice in order to get fresh strawberries. I found to be a little disturbing, however Miss Julie Rodriguez was standing close and overheard my conversation with the desk clerk. She she immediately came over and offered her assistance. Within 15 minutes Miss Rodrigues had made arrangements to have strawberries delivered for me from an outside store. She further arrange for a Bellman to deliver the strawberries and the gift that I had purchased to the room. This is exactly the type of service that is expected and she should be commended for her commitment to customer service.
On our second day we spent a couple hours pool side. We ordered nachos and chicken quesadillas. The nachos were soggy when they arrived. We also had dinner that evening in the café. The food was okay at best. And the service was lacking. Our waitress made the excuse that they were shorthanded for the evening. We did not go back.
As for our room, I think the room was perfect. On our last night the air-conditioner had broken in our room. upon calling the front desk maintenance arrived within 10 minutes and immediately replace the unit with a new one, total time was under 30 minutes.
The only real negative to the property location is that it is a moderate distance from all the action on the Duval st. If you are looking for a quiet place I would definitely recommend southernmost on the beach. I am giving it four stars and not five because of our experience with the food. To the office staff, maintenance staff and concierge (miss Rodriguez) you guys do a great job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located where Duval street meets the Atlantic Ocean in historic old town, Southernmost Beach Resort stretches over 6 acres across 2 city blocks on the quieter end of Duval Street, away from the hustle of Key West activities, but close enough to the excitement when you want it. The resort offers many on-site amenities such as 3 pools, 4 bars, a private oceanfront beach with tanning pier, access to public South Beach, an oceanfront restaurant, fitness center and petite spa. Southernmost Beach Resort now encompasses the Southernmost on the Beach, Southernmost Hotel and La Mer Hotel and Dewey House all part of the former Southernmost Hotel Collection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Southernmost Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southernmost On The Beach Hotel Key West
- Key West Southernmost Beach
- Southernmost Beach Hotel
- Southernmost Beach Resort Key West, Florida