Southernmost Beach Resort
Fairfield Inn & Suites Key West(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$224
Fairfield Inn
US$604
US$286
  • Restaurant
US$303
US$280
Ocean Key Resort & Spa(Key West)
US$370
US$389
US$293
US$445
US$409
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Almond Tree Inn(Key West)
US$374
US$324
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
6,085 results
All reviewsdewey housela mertranquility pooltanning piershores barwest lawnbeer schoolactivities directorsand barpartial ocean viewduval streetocean frontoceanfront roomquiet end of duvalprivate beachquicheour honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Southernmost on the Beach. I appreciate that the hotel is at the quiet end of Duval Street yet a short walk to the attractions, including the Hemingway House Museum and Southernmost Point. Rooms are gorgeous. We had a balcony with a partial view of the ocean. I spent most of my time at the Shores Pool and Tanning Pier. All staff was friendly and courteous...we even got a couple drinks on the house! Now that's good business. We will definitely return! Thank you, SMOTB!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
M_Babich, General Manager at Southernmost Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of our property. I really appreciate all of the kind words you have for our resort and staff. I know that our staff members genuinely want our guests to have a fantastic time while visiting. Your praise is much appreciated. Thank you again for writing your review and we look forward to seeing you very soon!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Loved this hotel. We stayed 4 nights. Room was beautifully appointed and so quiet and comfortable. The shower is huge! The pool was very nice on the beach property but we opted for the adult tranquility pool because it was quiet and you could get a lounge chair. The location was perfect and the onsite bicycle rental was convenient. Beautiful, clean grounds and helpful staff. Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
M_Babich, General Manager at Southernmost Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am so happy to read that you loved our hotel and amenities. We strive to provide our guests with an exceptional experience and it is always so gratifying to know when we succeed. Your words of recommendation are truly appreciated and I hope this means you will visit us again. Thank you again for taking the time to write your very nice review.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night on a trip to Key West. We got married on Smather's Beach last year and wanted to return. This is the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in. The location was fabulous, right around the corner from the buoy, and the ambience was perfect. We paid for a "distant" ocean view but were right across from it. Amazing! The Shores Bar was great, Brookey is an amazing bartender! Dexter at the front desk was super nice and very helpful as well! Our room was beautiful, reminded me of a master bedroom instead of a hotel room. The bed and pillows were amazingly comfortable. Lots of little touches like bottles of water and Wolfgang Puck coffee pods. My only regret is that we didn't stay longer! Will be back in the future for sure. Thank you for making our overnight stay wonderful!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
M_Babich, General Manager at Southernmost Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I’m happy to read that we were able to make your one night with us so memorable! We look forward to having you with us again and hopefully it will be for a much longer stay. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review, your compliments are greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Our family of four stayed in one of the partial ocean views. The proximity to the beach was excellent, just a few steps. As well as the pool. We were within walking distance of many attractions in Key West. The pool area was very nice and the staff was attentive, handing out popsicles on a hot afternoon. Beautiful grounds.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am very pleased you and your family had such a nice time with us. We certainly try to make sure our guests have the time of their life and I’m happy to learn we succeeded. Thank you for your kind words for our staff members who helped make your visit a memorable one. We look forward to hosting you and your family again. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The Southernmost Hotel was lovely. It's a very big "campus", but broken into different property plots. We were right in front of the "Tranquility" pool, which is only for adults 21 and over and we enjoyed it every day. We were even visited by a huge iguana on our first day at the pool and I hoped he would come back every day, but we never saw him again. The hotel room was lovely. The mattresses were excellent and the feather pillows divine. The air conditioner worked like a champ and we were never hot in our room. The rooms were wonderfully "sound proof". If someone was standing outside your door having a conversation, you could hear them and you could hear the door close, but once they were inside their room, you never heard a sound.

No reflection on the hotel, but the public beach, which is spitting distance from the hotel, is horrible. Not only is it small, covered in seaweed or some such other sea substance, but it stinks like a paper mill. A tractor has to come several times a day to clean the crap off of the beach. I wouldn't have gone in the ocean from that beach on a bet and was shocked to see anyone else using it. Nasty doesn't describe it. The Southernmost Café overlooks the beach, which is a shame. The Café is good and the staff is wonderful, but it is overpriced, as is everything in Key West. They are quite proud of their stuff. The house wine at the hotel pool bar was $8.00 a glass for the same wine we buy for less than $8.00 a bottle at home. I don't mind paying a little extra, but damn.

Don't even think about bringing your kids to Key West, because there is literally nothing for them to do. Trust me, they won't enjoy touring the Hemmingway House. The Butterfly Conservatory is worth the price of admission, but it's not going to keep the kids happy.

Room Tip: I wish we had been in a room overlooking the ocean, but the Gingerbread section was off the beaten path and we loved the Tranquility pool. No complaints except for the lack of parking.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LindaG52
Colleen M, Guest Relations Manager at Southernmost Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It is very gratifying to know that we were the best part of your trip! I do apologize for the conditions of the public beach. We try to maintain it to the best of our capabilities but when the winds pick up and the storms start blowing in there is very little that can be done to stop the sea grass. We try to combat this by cleaning the beach twice a day however, we certainly don’t want to displace any guests enjoying the beach so we clean it in the early mornings and later in the evenings. I hope you will be able to return to us, hopefully not during our windy season. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review.