“Great stay”

Ranked #14 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Indialantic, Florida
“Great stay”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, pool, ocean access, bar, views, and location. Far away enough from downtown for some seclusion but close enough to walk. My only criticism is the bed was not as comfortable as other hotels. Probably time to upgrade the mattress.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank madiolosa
M_Babich, General Manager at Southernmost Beach Resort, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am very pleased to read that you had a great stay with us. I do apologize if the mattress in you room was uncomfortable and I hope you will contact me so I can have the housekeeping department address this issue. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,197)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Richmond, Kentucky
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The Dewey House has all the comforts of a B&B and all the amenities of a resort. The room/bathroom were beautiful, the AC was cold and the staff more than helpful. It is in walking distance of Duvall.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is a lovely hotel with all the amenities you would expect. Our room was slightly smaller than the others we had stayed in but the view was superb. We were on the ground floor with a view across a lawn onto the ocean. We asked for rooms close to our friends, they were next door. We used to wait for them on a morning/evening sitting in chairs on the lawn looking at the beautiful view.
I haven't given the resort 5 stars because one of our cases missed our flight. The case was delivered to the hotel 4 hours after we arrived. The hotel didn't inform me. A day and a half afterwards I was telephoning the airline trying to locate my case when it was already at my hotel. The hotel did provide adequate recompense.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the lawn facing the ocean. We didn't pay for a full sea view but we had one.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank KWDEW
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It is always wonderful to know that our rooms, grounds and location please our guests. I apologize that the service from our front desk team was below our usually high standards and your expectations. Your thoughtful comments are appreciated and will certainly be shared with the appropriate personnel. We strive to make certain every guest has the time of their life and it is always helpful to know where we succeed and where we can improve. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and we hope for a chance to make a future stay with us exceptional.
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

This was a beautiful hotel. The room are decoration were wonderful. All personal and services were great. The location it is extraordinary, very close from Duval which is the Main Street. Very much kid friendly but also with area for those adult that want that time away from kids.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Kaneca
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I’m very pleased you had such a nice time with us. We certainly try to make sure our guests have the time of their life and I’m happy to learn we succeeded. I appreciate your kind comments for our staff members and am very pleased they provided you with exceptional service. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review of our property and I hope you will visit us again.
Perry Hall, Maryland
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I agree with all the other positive reviews. The grounds are lovely and rooms are clean. We had a partial side ocean view with balcony and we were very pleased. Just about everything you need is in walking distance. Duval Street is only a mile long which makes for a very nice walk. Bars, restaurants, stores, art galleries, and lets not forget the ice cream shops. We will stay here again on any return visit. It's a little pricey but everything in Key West is, so it's par for the course.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am very pleased that you and your family had such a nice time with us. Thank you for all of your kind words; they mean a lot to us and we certainly hope you will visit us again in the future. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review.
Burnley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We’ve not long since returned from a stay at the Southernmost on the Beach as part of our honeymoon and I can honestly say that it’s one of the best hotels I’ve ever stayed at.

We absolutely loved our time in Key West and a big part of that was down to the Southernmost. From the moment we arrived the staff were all extremely friendly and helpful from the check-in desk, to the bar staff at Shores and the house-keepers.

The hotel itself is in a great spot, at the bottom of the quiet end of Duval Street and right next to a little strip of beach at which you get free sun loungers as part of staying at the hotel. There’s also a pier which you can sunbathe on which leads straight in to the ocean as well as the pool which is very well policed for people reserving sunbeds – only once during our entire stay, which spanned two weekends both of which featured weddings on the beach, could we not immediately get two sun loungers together and that was only for a couple of minutes.

You can also make the most of the facilities at the Southernmost hotel across the street, although we never did given how fantastic everything at on the Beach was.

We had an Ocean View room which had brilliant views of the beach and ocean and the room itself was very comfortable with plenty of storage and a very handy fridge.

We’re already planning our next trip to Key West and hopefully the Southernmost on the Beach will be part of that!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gareth B
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our resort. I am very happy that you had such a nice time during your honeymoon! Congratulations! I truly appreciate knowing that our property was a big part of the reason why your time in Key West was so special. Our goal is to provide our guests with exceptional customer service and I am very happy to know we were able to do this for you. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and I hope we will see you the next time you are in Key West.
Manheim
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This was our 2nd stay at this hotel and it was fabulous. Three pools, beach access, and water sports! Bike rentals were great for riding the island. Omar was always happy and greeted you with a smile! Only complaint was the rock hard mattresses.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Mamahipps
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am very pleased to read that your 2nd stay with us was fabulous. I do apologize if the mattress in you room was uncomfortable and I hope you will contact me so I can have the housekeeping department address this issue. I appreciate your kind words for Omar; he is a Good Will Ambassador to be certain and we all feel very fortunate to have him on our team. I will be sure to share your comments with him. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to seeing you for a 3rd return visit.