“Beautiful View!”

Southernmost Beach Resort
Ranked #15 of 51 Hotels in Key West
“Beautiful View!”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This hotel was amazing. Beautiful settings and surroundings. View from the room was outstanding. Most of the employees were extremely friendly and accommodating. It is very close to duval street, the beach area needs a little more TLC, but the view is beautiful. It is expensive!

Room Tip: Most rooms have a partial ocean view and it is awesome, But, I would not pay for anything more. it...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Peg M
M_Babich, General Manager at Southernmost Beach Resort, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am very happy that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us. I would like to apologize that the conditions at South Beach were not more ideal during your vacation. While the beach is cleaned several times a day the stronger winds in the summer months can make keeping up with the sea grass a challenge. I hope you will return to us for a future stay and provide us an opportunity to make your next visit exceptional. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,176)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at eh La mer house on the southernmost property -the most charming and comfortable bed and breakfast on the beach in key west!The service was impeccable and attention to detail was obvious. Worth every penny. If you are looking for a serene, peaceful and romantic stay, look no further. Be
sure to stay in either La mer or Dewey house as these are the best accommodations. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank riadior
Fiume Veneto, Italy
Reviewed 23 August 2014

wonderful location,one minute away from duvall street,right on the beach.couldn t ask for anything better.
bedrooms are big,most of them are ocean sight oriented.
maybe a little bit pricy,but it s worth the money

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
M_Babich, General Manager at Southernmost Beach Resort, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I’m happy to read you and your family enjoyed your time with us. You certainly traveled a long way to stay at our resort and it’s very rewarding to know you had an awesome time. I hope you will stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Key West. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review.
oakville
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I booked this hotel because is one of the few that has a beach, I was very disapointed when I got there and saw the worst beach I have ever seen. The water was black, full of sea weed and the beach had tons of sea weed also. I Understand that it is not their fault but they could have said something on their website, they could also clean some of those weeds from the sand at least a few times a week. The rooms were small but nice and clean and the satff was great. I would not stay in this hotel again just because of the beach, for $440 a night there are better choices that don't have a beach...but again neither has this place.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
M_Babich, General Manager at Southernmost Beach Resort, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I would like to apologize for any feelings of disappointment you felt regarding our access to the public South Beach. All beaches in Key West can suffer from windy conditions and when the ocean becomes churned up debris can wash up on it. We try to combat these elements by cleaning the beach twice a day and it is unfortunate the weather was not more ideal while you were visiting. I am pleased you enjoyed your room and found our staff great. I truly hope you will give us another opportunity to make a future stay with us exceptional. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Great place to stay in Keys. Staff very friendly & helpful..even though the concierge forgot to call the cab(but that's okay). Rooms/hotel grounds were very clean & fresh. You have a choice of 3 pools & very close to ocean. The one thing that did bug me was that when you leave the room & take your key with you the AC goes into a power save mode so upon re entry to your room it can be rather warm & since we went in Aug that was not pleasant. To keep the power save mode from happening you have to keep you room key in the AC slot. My roomie & I had to keep one keep in the slot & share the other which is kind of annoying when one person wants to go to the room & one doesn't. I really don't have any other complaints other than don't go in August. It's just too miserably hot!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Heather H
M_Babich, General Manager at Southernmost Beach Resort, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. It’s great to read that you and your girlfriends had a nice time while staying with us. It is always wonderful to know that our rooms, grounds and location please our guests. I am sorry to read that the warm August heat was less than enjoyable and the energy saving device in your room caused you discomfort. I will be sure to share your comments with our team members to see if there is something we can do about this. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and I hope we have a chance to make a future stay exceptional.
Newark, Delaware, United States
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised upon arriving at the Southernmost on the Beach! A beautiful, bright and friendly hotel. All accommodations were up to date, clean and beautiful. Great selection of pool choices - 3 - based on what you prefer to experience! Beach area clean and direct view of the ocean. This was our second trip to Key West and we highly recommend staying at this property!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christine H
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am very happy to read that you were pleasantly surprised with your choice in the Southernmost on the Beach and would recommend us to others. I hope this means we will have the pleasure of hosting you again the next time your travels bring you back to Key West. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review.
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

It was relaxing and felt like home, I can't say enough about this hotel. I have never been more entertained with their little activities for the guests and all the other amenities they had to offer. They help you with anything you need and the staff is amazing, genuine, and caring. I will not go anywhere else when I come to key west. The location is great because it's ok the quiet side of duval but close enough where it gets you into the action quickly.
I can't say enough about the restaurant they had on site I went in thinking it would be sub par and was blow away. Don't stay anywhere else!!!!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lexi S
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am pleased to read that we were able to provide such a homey and welcoming atmosphere. I truly appreciate you kind words for our staff members – I know they work very hard to provide our guests with exceptional customer service and I am glad they did this for you. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to welcoming you “home” the next time you visit.