My new husband and I just returned from our Honeymoon to Key West, Florida. We stayed at the Southernmost on the Beach Hotel. One thing is for certain, we will most definitely stay there again the next time we visit Key West! We rented bikes and traveled around the island checking out a lot of other hotels. We were completely satisfied with our decision to stay at Southernmost on the Beach. The main reason? Location, location, location! This is one of the only (if not the only) hotel in Key West located on a sandy beach. We loved the view of the ocean from both the pool and the beach cafe restaurant. The fact that this hotel was not located in the busy atmosphere of Duval Street was the cherry on top of the wedding cake! We were able to walk to Duval Street and enjoy that atmosphere, but we wanted a more quiet, romantic location for our hotel, and we definitely found it at the Southernmost on the Beach Hotel.
Besides location, the staff at the hotel was extremely friendly, fun, and resourceful. Thanks to Dexter at the front desk, to Julie at the consierge desk, to all the awesome bartenders (or mixologists), to the activity director Boomer, we had the best honeymoon get-away we could have hoped for. We especially enjoyed "Wine School" by the beach with Boomer. Our only regret is that we missed "Beer School" because we were off enjoying the water. But, we will definitely make sure to attend class next time we return to Key West.
Finally, Southernmost on the Beach had some other very appealing features. The pool was clean and heated. We were always able to get a beach chair by the pool and on the beach. (Chairs on the beach are free to hotel quests... bonus!) Our favorite thing to do at night was sit by the beautifully lit pool at the bar. Our best meals were at the Beach Cafe restuarant. I could gush on and on and on....
In summary, we highly recommend staying at the Southernmost on the Beach Hotel! We cannot wait to go back again! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located where Duval street meets the Atlantic Ocean in historic old town, Southernmost Beach Resort stretches over 6 acres across 2 city blocks on the quieter end of Duval Street, away from the hustle of Key West activities, but close enough to the excitement when you want it. The resort offers many on-site amenities such as 3 pools, 4 bars, a private oceanfront beach with tanning pier, access to public South Beach, an oceanfront restaurant, fitness center and petite spa. Southernmost Beach Resort now encompasses the Southernmost on the Beach, Southernmost Hotel and La Mer Hotel and Dewey House all part of the former Southernmost Hotel Collection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Southernmost Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southernmost On The Beach Hotel Key West
- Key West Southernmost Beach
- Southernmost Beach Hotel
- Southernmost Beach Resort Key West, Florida