We enjoyed our stay at the Speakeasy Inn. Staff was great, very accommodating, and the price was reasonable. Rooms were nice and clean. Beds were comfortable, nice linens. Room had a mini fridge with a few bottles of water that were available for no extra charge. Breakfast was included and was very good: deli meat and cheese, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit and homemade coffee cake, cereal, etc. We were only in town for one night and they did not have a 2 or 3 night minimum stay requirement during the week (many other places did). The location was great, right on Duval Street but not on the busiest end. You can walk to the other end of Duval where all of the action is, it is about 1.2 miles from Mallory Square. There are plenty of restaurants and bars along the way. The rum bar was great and all Inn guests are given a coupon for one free drink called a “pain killer,” which was very good. We enjoyed sitting on the porch and people watching. They are just a few blocks from the southernmost point, Hemingway House, and stop #3 on the Conch Tour Train. We stayed on the ground floor; some rooms are upstairs, so if stairs are an issue, keep that in mind. We would definitely stay at the Speakeasy Inn again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Speakeasy Inn is a landmark building located in the Boutique and Gallery District of Duval Street where you can shop or walk two blocks to the beach or a short stroll to world-famous Sunset Celebrations in Mallory Square! This landmark's recent renovation has preserved the original 19th century spirit of Old Town Key West. The decor in these spacious and airy suites is tropical and features hand-crafted queen beds and tables made from original 1876 pine recovered from our recent renovation. It has been restored to perfection, just for your pleasure. Each one, two, or three bedroom unit has a feeling of true Key West ambiance. You'll find collectibles taken from treasure hunts on our tropical island paradise and Havana, Cuba. Guests who require special consideration will find "accessible" units available. Amenities include kitchenettes equipped with a mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, private bathrooms, a large screen HD T.V., free WiFi and outdoor seating areas. We also offer a complimentary continental breakfast, free samples of our famous Painkiller cocktail and discounts on drinks at The Rum Bar! The Speakeasy Inn was the home of Raul Vaquez, who was a cigar selector at the Gato cigar factory. Raul's true passion was rum-running between Key West and Cuba. It's in that spirit that our lobby features the Rum Bar open daily from 11am to 12pm (or later). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Speakeasy Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Speakeasy Inn And Rum Bar Hotel Key West
- Speakeasy Inn Key West, Florida