“Perfect location for short break”
Review of Wicker Guesthouse

and 1 more site!
Wicker Guesthouse
Ranked #54 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Stayed in room 21 (upstairs/back). Friends stayed in room 20 (downstairs/side). Both were perfectly comfy, 21 somewhat larger. Location is perfect, being on Duval but not right in the heart of the noisy section. Front desk were most helpful, and volunteered discount vouchers with their recommendations. Parking limited, so arrive early is my tip.
Pool area is very pleasant with adequate number of loungers and plenty of other seating. Rooms we had were a little dated, but the beds were comfy and everything worked. We were extremely happy, and I would book here again. Value for money was good considering the location.

Room Tip: Room 21: upstairs, quiet, roomy, nice little private deck... shower room adequate, not luxurious ;o)
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Trying to plan a fantastic fortieth birthday for my husband. Have contacted many places. Was suggested this location. From the website was very excited. When I contacted the hotel the staff at first seemed helpful. Then started quoting pricing different than what was on the site. When I asked about concierge services and help with planning and setting things up was abruptly dismissed. This location now dropped to the bottom of my list. Lets see if they follow up with promised email????

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank discoveringwithyou
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Just spent an incredible week in KW. Wicker Guesthouse was really a great find. Could not find a better location, right on Duval. Room was comfortable & clean. Yummy breakfast by the pool each morning. Randy, at the front desk, was very helpful with his restaurant and activity suggestions. He gave us a bunch of discount coupons too. We also rented bicycles there. Our favorite restaurants: Blue Heaven, DJ's Clam Shack, Palio's, Half Shell Raw Bar, B.O's, & Michael's. Our favorite places for beverages: Hog's Breath, Sunset Pier, pool bar @ Casa Marina Resort, & Kelly's.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank tpasteve
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Few blocks from the action and noise, but very quiet and relaxing on the property. The room was great, a little small but very confortable and clean.Front desk staff was very helpful, especially Baiba, she helped us with all the activities and directed us where to go and what to see, also she gave us cupons for numerous places so we can get free drinks.
Over all we had an amazing time and we will definately come back to Key West again and stay at the Wicker Guesthouse!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I had a terrific experience here. The rooms are wonderful. The location is perfect. The price / value is excellent. There is a pool in the back. The hospitality is wonderful. Randy, the person at the front desk, is also great.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I stayed here by myself midweek. I paid 150.00 per night. while that is not a lot to some, I didn't feel that it was worth the money.
The room I was given was very small with one queen size bed. It felt lumpy and softer- not too my taste. There was an awkward outdoor wicker table and two chairs on the other side of the room. NO decorations or personal touches in the room of any kind! (Very un Key West like.) To top it off, your front door, had little frosted windows with no curtain, so the sun came in early and woke me up each morning! No sleeping in here!
There was no closet, no phone, no clock of any kind in my room, no box of tissues, and no hair conditioner. (and if you want a hair dryer you have to go downstairs and get yourself.)
The complementary breakfast was ok, the usual toast and yogurt type situation. But the coffee was horrible! Try staying someplace else-wicker House is better left as a last resort!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Assassin8
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I am writing this review before I check out as we have just had a terrible night in this place.

We booked a quiet location in Key West so we could enjoy Duval street and then return to sleep later in the night. The Wicker Guesthouse must have been the sub agents for these apartments and we had to pick the key up from here. On arrival we were told there was a 'problem' with the other place and we would have to stay here in Duval Street.

Wicker Guesthouse were not full so, in retrospect, I hope this wasn't the reason the other place was suddenly unavailable and we had to stay here.

They assured us they had the internet. I am sending this via my mobile wifi as their internet is not working - yet again. In a month of travelling, this is the worst internet service we've had as it is virtually unusable. Seeing as my mobile WIfi works, I can't see why they can't sort out a service that is at least usable. We were located directly above the office so it's not as if we are a long way away.

Re wanting a quiet room. After being told of the change we stressed that a quiet room is what we wanted. We were assured that all the action was down the other end of Duval St. and this end was fine. Randy also said with the door shut, we wouldn't hear anything. The appearance from the outside was seductive with a beautiful big tree and a verandah surrounding the room. Being a Thursday night and not a weekend, we took him on faith.

How wrong could he be ! It was a disaster.

Drunken groups were noisily working their way up the street until about 3.30 a.m.; motorbikes with extra loud exhaustswere hooning up the street until very early this morning. There was a huge amount of activity - it was like a drunken party immediately outside our room. We had less than a half hours peace from 3.30 am and then the roosters started. When the roosters finished, the cleaning vehicles and delivery trucks moved in. As I type this, there is a large motor running nearby and a lo ud motor bike is roaring up the street.

I can't begin to imagine how noisy Wicker Guesthouse place would be like on a Friday or Saturday night as we were here during the week. Duval Street is not the place to stay unless you plan to be up all night.

To rub salt into the wounds, the toilet has stopped working this morning.

Don't get seduced by the photos or what personnel say about this place. Read the reviews carefully and between the lines you will find the real picture.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere if you need the internet or at least some sleep during the night
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple