“Where is the fresh shrimp”
Review of smokin tuna saloon

smokin tuna saloon
Ranked #45 of 447 Restaurants in Key West
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Smokin Tuna Saloon "There's Something Fishy going On "The Best Kept Secret in Old Town Key West Beautiful Key West Eatery and Bar in Old Town Key WestGrilled Mahi Mahi, Shrimp Ceviche, Conch Fritters, Spicy Tuna DipKey West Style Compound Canopied with Banyon and Ficus Trees 2 Tropical Outside Bars. Outdoor and Cool In-Door SeatingWorld Famous Apparel Gift Shop Featuring Local Artists Live Entertainment Daily
Atlanta, Georgia
“Where is the fresh shrimp”
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

I ordered shrimp and it must have come from a box of frozen shrimp. A disappointment. The atmosphere was fantastic. Good music. Great service and our Dalmatian was allowed to join us.

Key West, Florida
“Never a Dual Moment at the Smokin' Tuna”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Great place to visit...the meals are always excellent and the atmosphere just wonderful. Staff are always friendly no matter how large a crowd they have....and trust me, I've seen that place packed.

Visited November 2013
Bel Air, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Bar in Key West!!!”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Love this place. It feels like you are in the back yard of a private party. and the music, Wow. Great entertainers. Especially Caffeine Carl. What a musician. My husband and I had the two best bar tenders in the place. Big Ed, always smiling and Bill. They made our evenings. Thanks guys!!

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“A Must Visit!”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This is a must visit for drinks and music! We discovered the Smokin Tuna on our first night, and had so much fun, we kept coming back every night. We didn't get a chance to try the food, but the atmosphere was great! Live music every night and awesome staff! Our bartenders Carolyn and Big Ed were especially amazing- very attentive and really friendly. I will definitely be recommending the Smokin Tuna to all my friends and will be back to visit!

Bonita Springs, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food but Bar staff makes me go elsewhere”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I have been to the Smokin' Tuna several times. Each time the bar staff has gotten ruder and less attentive. I don't know if they're overworked or just plain miserable. My first trip there a while back, I was threatened by the bartender. Complaining to management did not help much and he is still employed. Another time, we were seated where we could not see the band. Once the people sitting at the table in front of the stage moved, we slipped into their table. We were promptly told to move, and not very nicely because they needed the dance floor. Very hard to see the stage.
The waitstaff is very competent however and quick considering how busy the place is. The food is good especially the tuna chili.
The reason for coming here.....the music, plain and simple. It's so awesome, it makes the terrible bar service and management attitude almost bearable.