“Best Key Lime Pie Anywhere”
Review of Key Lime Republic

Key Lime Republic
Ranked #6 of 8 Bakeries in Key West
Price range: US$3 - US$26
Dining options: After-hours
Description: We are now known as Key Lime Pie Bakery, previously the Key Lime Republic in the Conch Republic and the Coconut FACTORY, formally Key Lime Pie Factory. We do so much more than pie and with everyone confusing the name, why not say who we really are? A WORLD OF KEY LIME. Our state of the art, spectacular kitchen is ON site in full view, our bragging rights if you will. Come in and sit down, enjoy a con leche, an espresso with a slice of key lime pie, coconut creme pie, a slice of coconut on the bottom and key lime on top or pie bar dipped in chocolate on a stick. We encourage you to visit our location and see why we are worlds apart from the rest. Our friendly staff will help you choose which pie to taste. And while you're at it, pick up a few souvenirs, we have plenty to chose from. Thank you for continuing to support us through ten years of growing and changing to make our place the best it can be. Thank you!
Cleveland, Ohio
“Best Key Lime Pie Anywhere”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

How could we pass up the chance to have key lime pie at the Key Lime Pie Factory in Key West? The Key Lime Pie was absolutely delicious. Well worth taking time to visit.

There really is NO atmosphere - just a table or two in front of the counter where you buy the pie. The rest of the place is a gift shop and that was kind of fun - I was able to buy key lime lip balm, which I had never seen before, and there were lots of Key West trinkets.

There are lots of key lime pie places around but this is the one to visit.

• Visited March 2014

Lansing, Michigan
“Chocolate-covered Key Lime Pie”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I saw an ad for chocolate-covered key lime pie on a stick at a place called the Key Lime Pie Factory. We were staying in Key Largo and spent one day in Key West. I love key lime pie, and I love chocolate. We found this place and I ordered one of these slices of pie -- it was yummy! The chocolate really enhanced the flavor, it looked neat, and I enjoyed it a lot!

SLC, UT
“Baked, not frozen”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Our cabbie recommended the cruise ship stop, visited by Bobby Flay, etc, and we ate that pie first. It was sour and frozen too hard to be enjoyed. It's really just an ice box pie.

The pie at the Key Lime Pie factory is baked and has a fluffier, smoother texture. It can also be transported because it isn't going to melt everywhere. We all preferred the flavor on this pie.

Fish Hoek, South Africa
“Great Key Lime Pie”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

It must be close to the best ever desert that I have ever eaten. It was so fresh, crisp and yet so smooth. Restraint is needed otherwise you will eat all the pies

Brighton, United Kingdom
“The lady behind the counter made my key lime pie experience sour”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

First ever key lime pie while in the Key West I thought had to be here - but the lady behind the counter had such an attitude problem it put me right off my pie - couldn't tell if it was the pie itself or just the sour taste she left in my mouth after being so blatantly rude.

• Visited May 2013