“Needs updating, location is ehh”

Hyatt Beach House Resort
Ranked #33 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Winter Park, Florida
“Needs updating, location is ehh”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The pictures are not representative. This location is worn a bit. It is clean, staff are friendly. But for $400 a night for two br unit, I didn't expect rust on fixtures, chipped paint, and pillows from Motel 6. The location is odd. Near the back of the property it is relatively peaceful, if not picturesque. But in front Hwy 1 is a short toss from the front desk, and one side has a lovely view of a dumpster and some kind of recycling container. Overall, the pics online are this place minus 10 years of wear, and creatively angled to hide the odd placement. Also not near much but Stock Island, which is..... Run down, to be polite.

Room Tip: If you choose to stay here, and I would not again, request the very back side.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank jpsfl1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Winter Springs, Florida
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Beachhouse is one of four Hyatt properties in Key West that we like to stay at. Beachhouse is the most peaceful and relaxing as there is no traffic (cars or people) to distract you from looking at the ocean and birds and Sunsets. We like to sit under the Mangroves in their Adorondack chairs and watch the birds, boats and jet skies pass by. The pool is a zero entry, so we lay in the water and sip cool drinks from the upgraded Tiki Bar. There is now expanded food service at the Tiki Bar that brings a great much needed ammenity. Jimmy and Jeff are doing some wonderful things with fresh ingrediants and featuring specials that amazed us as their kitchen is very small.

2 Thank Steve D
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Just back from a very pleasant stay at this property. Must say I'm torn between a 3 and 4 star rating. The resort itself is very nice. Small, but so is everything else in Key West. The pool is nice, the screen enclosed balconies are heaven. All of the balconies have a water view which is great. And the interior is well maintained and very comfortable. The downside is the location is less than perfect. It sits at the entrance to the island, which means it's pretty far from both the beaches on the southern side as well as the restaurants downtown. And it's on a very busy road which makes walking a less than pleasant experience. I drove past the other Hyatt residence club on the island and if I came back to Key West, I'd try to stay there first. Again, there's nothing glaringly wrong with this resort. It's quite nice and we had a great time. I just think there are probably better options in Key West.

2 Thank G_mat964
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Hyatt Beach house the first week of May with my in-laws. The condo was nice and very clean. Our room was on the smaller size, but with a king bed and as little time as we were in the room who can complain. The kitchen showed a little age, but again who is cooking on vacation! We particularly enjoyed the screen-in porch overlooking the beautiful pool and landscaping and spent every morning and evening relaxing here!

We are in our late twenties and my in-laws are in their 50's. I'd say the majority of visitors are in the middle age range.

The stay was absolutely wonderful. The zero entry pool provided a great spot to cool off. The rooms are clean, the property kept immaculate, and the tiki hut serves absolutely delicious food! We brought our own drinks and snacks out to the pool as well and were never told this was not allowed.

Another thing I really enjoyed about the property, was the close proximity of everything. This is not a sprawling resort; you'll never be more than just a few steps away from the condo, the pool, or tiki hut.

Although this property is about 3 miles (5-10 minute drive) from most downtown, water front restaurants, we actually enjoyed being a bit out of the chaos. We had our own rental car and never had a problem finding a parking spot downtown.

Overall, this was a great Hyatt property, and just as the name suggests, a Key West beach house!

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank TBalthrop
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Hyatt is first class in service and facility maintenance. Great great place to chill in the keys. 2BR easily accommodated 2 couples. Pool & Beach were therapeutic. Sunshine glorious. Rented three wheelers to get to/from Duval, piers, & other action. I believe this is Hyatt's first residential complex. Only negs no workout room, no small grocery. Get free Starbucks & newspaper in lobby. Wonderful, friendly staff. U can't go wrong with Hyatt quality.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank cmsdigital
Tamarac, Florida
Reviewed 5 May 2014

rooms are spotless, landscaping is impeccable, throw rug needs to be changed.

the staff, particularly Jackie and Jackson were incredibly accommodating. surprisingly only one of their 75 rooms can accommodate a roll-in wheel chair shower/bench, but the front desk came through. always a great experience at the beach house.

Room Tip: aside from handicap accessible, all the rooms are identical.
Merrillville, Indiana
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I am still here right now and could not wait until I left to write this review. I am a Floridian and travel down to the keys every so often, this is my first time at the Hyatt Beach House Resort but it wil not be my last time. Everything about this hotel was and is nice. From the moment I checked in, the staff was very friendly. I need to mention Julie Bazil, by name, she is very friendly and helpful. I got a call from her shortly after I checked in just to see how everything is going and if I needed anything. The level of committment that they have is bay far the best that I have ever had. My hats off to the members of this hotel. I will be back again because of the staff!!!

1 Thank jkeltz