My wife and I stayed at the Travelodge & Suites whilst visiting the southern Keys for a few days. We picked this hotel simply because it had appeared on Expedia at a discounted rate whilst we were up in Fort Lauderdale the day before we left to head down there. Key West is expensive (relative to the Florida mainland) for hotels, so the Travelodge suddenly became excellent value and gained our custom.
They were resurfacing the car park when we were there, so parking was limited (and this may have been why they were offering the discounted rate), but for the three nights we stayed, parking wasn't a problem.
The room was nothing special; small and functional describes it well. Then again, what are you looking for? We were just wanting somewhere to put our heads down at night - we were out every day sightseeing, so function was more important than form. It was also clean, which is something I do think is important.
Breakfast was not substantial, but it was free, and it'll keep you going for a few hours.
As pointed out on an earlier review, the elevator has no AC. That's true, and it was also glass and fixed to the outside of the hotel which didn't help to keep the climate down. But then we didn't spend much time in the elevator!
The hotel is quite a way from the main attractions of Key West, and walking to Duvall Street is not really an option. That said, I thought that was a good thing. It can get quite noisy in that part of town at night. On the other hand, if you are a Scuba diver, then the superb Dive Key West Inc is only about half a mile along the road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mostly suite accommodations of 1200 Square feet with master bedrooms full size living areas, and full kitchens with washer and dryer in the suite. All suites have bay views from a double balcony, and the two and three bedroom suites 2300 square feet have a second level with a private sunning balcony overlooking the island community. For the value traveler we offer standard rooms. 110 Square feet, flat screen TV, clean and comfortable, but does not provide a view or a balcony. Perfect for overnight sightseeing trips, or overnight after a great fishing adventure. A free continental breakfast awaits you every morning. Parking, WIFI, and concierge services are all free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Key West Bayside Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge & Suites Key West Hotel Key West
- Travelodge And Suites Key West
- Travelodge Hotel Key West
- Travel Lodge Key West
- Travelodge Key West
- Key West Travel Lodge
- Key West Travelodge
- Key West Bayside Inn & Suites Florida