“Excellent Stay ~ Will Stay Here Again!”

Key West Bayside Inn & Suites
Ranked #48 of 51 Hotels in Key West
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Excellent Stay ~ Will Stay Here Again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

A++++ Had an Excellent stay here! The staff is very helpful and courteous...esp Brad who was very professional, yet personable from my first phone call to inquire about the property/rates - with follow-up emails - info @ local dining and pet friendly beaches, etc. He was extremely helpful one morning when I was trying to manage my dog while juggling my coffee/breakfast/newspaper ~ taking time to wrap everything up for me. Kristy was also very helpful and gracious - making time to say hello to me and my shih-tzu Angel...this is a VERY Pet Friendly hotel!! I saw other dogs on the property - yet never heard them...very well maintained! The room was clean and good size (Standard Queen) - Quiet, nice furnishings and very comfy bed!! Next time in Key West I will definitely stay here again!! :))

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Turkish first
Tampa, Florida, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We travel a lot for business and I was appalled at how rude the desk clerk was when we checked in. Wil is what his name tag said and he was very short and sarcastic with us. When I asked him if the rate was the Florida Resident rate he rolled his eyes at me and assured me that yes that was the rate. Wow, and when I asked him about breakfast he was annoyed that I should even ask what time breakfast was.
Also I was amazed at how the grounds were kept, the garbage dumpster was overflowing and there were bags and other trash all over the place.
On the only positive note, the room was clean and comfortable with a very comfortable bed.
I may possibly stay here again but if I do I will be recording my encounter with the desk clerk.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank abking102106
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

I was skeptical to book here after some of the reviews I saw so I was intent to write a review. Happy to say that I couldn't have expected much more. Staff was courteous and friendly. Room was ready on time, clean, updated...a little small but plenty of room for two. The bed is one of the most comfortable I've slept on in ANY hotel. You can ride your bike to Old Town without the expense of staying there. I will happily stay here again and recommend it to my friends. If you want to read complaints, the hot tub could be bumped up a couple of degrees.
There you go!

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank TheMayanKing
Amir M, General Manager at Key West Bayside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Key west
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed at this property in July 2013! Besides the difficult check in and irritated desk clerk, we had an okay stay so we decided on our next vacation we would stay there again! After making reservations back in June and calling multiple to make sure everything was okay, we were on our way! We arrived in key west at 12:30! I called hotel to alert them we were being dropped off and had to go get our scooters from a different place! When I called the hotel I was greeted rudely and was told " we might have you a room but I don't really think so". I told the desk clerk that I had already spoken with several different people before we arrived and they told me this would be fine! So we took a chance to see and was told no again when we got there around 1:30! So we waited and decided to go get something to eat! Now during this time the desk clerk had checked in several other people 3 to be exact, but still said our room was not ready! After coming back from eating around 2:30 I asked if the room was ready yet and she screamed at me and said " didn't I tell you it's not ready yet and I'm not about to keep harassing my housekeepers for you"! I was stunned by this time! I asked her if she could call and see if it's ready because the curtains are open and the housekeepers are on the other side of the hallway! The desk clerk than went on to say " you are going to have to wait I don't care just wait I don't work for you so don't rush me! I was completely horrified now! I began to ask her what's the problem and she began speaking very loudly! She told me I'm going to have to wait until after 3pm and don't ask her again! I began to question her and she started raising her voice so I raised my voice out of disguise for her attitude! She than stood up and began walking toward the entrance of the office screaming things she would do to me and told me to come around her front desk so she can kick my butt! By this time another desk clerk had stepped in and tried to resolve the issue but she was worse than the other desk clerk! This clerk told me that she could cancel my reservation free of charge and that I should I leave the lobby! I adamantly agreed and starting walking out the door! While I was leaving the desk clerk was still shouting at me! She was screaming and calling me bad names! I just shook my head and left! Now considering the fact that we came down from Georgia to spend our vacation here and experienced something this leaves one to question the loyalty of this property! This same desk clerk Anna Marie or something similar( no one had on a name tag) was rude with my husband the year before and refused to email him a receipt after our departure! Here it is now a year later and we still have not received that receipt! I will never stay here again! This property is in a great location and in need of better management and should be furnished with customer oriented guest service representatives! The present desk clerks are rude and racist and need to be trained in customer service and how to keep their personal anger away from the customers! I have never felt so violated in my life! It makes no sense for a property to suffer because the desk clerk had a bad day and took her frustrations out on paying customers! Our reservation was for 5 nights at 229 plus tax a night! That's over a thousand bucks they lost because of one rude desk clerk! Imagine how much money this has lost before because of this one angry desk clerk!

Stayed August 2014
7 Thank Hugsnkissez
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. I am both shocked and appalled as I read your experience at our hotel.

I would greatly appreciate it if you would take some additional time and contact me directly at amir.makram@oplhotels.com so that I may investigate this further

We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short.

Thanks again for your time.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights. Pet friendly. Staff friendly especially Brad, Mgr. Had little problem with H2O heater and phone, but other than that everything flawless. Slept 15 & 1/2 hrs. 12 in one night and 2 naps the next day, which is unheard if for me! Totally pet Friendly!

Stayed July 2014
Dear Claudia,

Thank you for your great review and glad you got a great nights sleep!!!

We hope to see you again very soon.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We traveled to Key West in February 2014 and spent 3 days at the Bayside Inn. We stayed in a 3-bedroom suite, and it was very comfortable when traveling with our 3 children and my parents. The suites need to be updated, but ours was roomy and clean, it had a full kitchen AND a washer/dryer. The hotel is not fancy, but it does have a great view of the water. And the hotel offered a complimentary breakfast. If you are looking for luxury accommodations, then this is NOT the place for you, but If you just need a place to crash and don't want to spend a fortune, then this is a great option. We were never in our room so it worked out quite well.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MrsFiveHole
popbear01
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

dont stay here no service at all painted over the molded ceiling in room 411 tile falling off bathroom walls water rotten bathroom cabinets no remote control had to get one from brothers room next door wich by the way was worse then ours then after checking out the amount I was told it would be went up 30 dollars plus a 20 fee that should drop off my card in a few days they didnt mention this at check in or check out no one would answer phone at front desk tried calling repeatedly for extra pillow no luck not to mention the room was barely bigger than the bed bad experience would not suggest to any one

Room Tip: not here and it 3 miles from duval st