Key West Bayside Inn & Suites
US$280
US$604
US$286
  • Restaurant
Ocean Key Resort & Spa(Key West)
US$370
US$374
US$293
Travelocity
  • Pool
Havana Cabana Key West(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$308
Agoda.com
US$316
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Key Lime Inn Key West(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$209
Orbitz.com
Orchid Key Inn(Key West)
US$432
US$324
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfull kitchenwaffle makerwasher dryerone bedroom suitecontinental breakfastpool and hot tubduval streetnice poolkeysstovegulfscootersofamuffinsbalconies
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 March 2006

We stayed at this Key West property both 15 years ago and 8 years ago, before it was a Travelodge, and really liked it then. Unfortunately, it has really gone downhill since. The rooms are beat out and not clean. The full-size refrigerator in the suites has been replaced by a tiny mini-fridge. The coffeemaker was missing. There were no utensils or cooking tools in the kitchen, so cooking was not possible. The single elevator was broken and we had to wrestle 6 flights of stairs with our luggage. Although we went to the continental breakfast early, there were "out" of coffee already and no more was made. We had planned to stay 5 nights, but checked out after the first night and got a *beautiful* suite at the Sheraton Suites for LESS MONEY than the Travelodge was charging us. This place is run down, poorly staffed and OVERPRICED!

Stayed: October 2004
7  Thank enrich
Reviewed 27 February 2006

3 and a half stars i would give it really, not quite 4, only because it did appear a little run down and neglected, and the first thing you see after the lobby check in, is the massive parking garage, which is undesirable to walk through every time you enter and exit the hotel. The elevator seemed a little old and the pool a little neglected (the bar looked like it haddent been touched in decades) but the pool was very nice, and provided a nice alternative place to tan (a little more quiet then the bustling beaches nearby)
I really cant comment on the reservation situation, as many peopel on this site have complained about, since I was not involved in that process, but for my experiance, it was a great stay. I stayed in one of the bigger 3rd floor suites (with a balcony and all) It was so big it was as if we rented a 2 level appartment! 2 bathrooms, a sufficient kitchen, laundry and a windey staircase. The front desk consisted of your typical key west folk (if ya know what i meannnnnnn...) they were however, very very nice and helpfull to me, but i can easily see how they can come across as provocative to others.
Personally I had no problem with this hotel, its location to the beach was great and is very close to dubal street.

• Stayed: December 2002
6  Thank speedotorpedo
A TripAdvisor Member
St Petersburg Florida
Reviewed 7 November 2005

When we drove up I was a little concern because the outside lamp post were broken or only had one light. The hotel looked like it had just undergone a paint job and in fact they were painting inside the covered garage.

We arrived earlier than the check in time and a suite was ready but it was on the second floor. We were not to pleased about this as the main street was right outside and we felt like there would be constant traffic noise. We asked if there were any others available on the 4th floor, the highest, but they only have suites on second and third. The third floor suites were not ready to check in but we opt to wait, since we only had time to kill.

I must say by the time that we got back, our suite was ready and I was pleasantly surprised. We stayed in #305. I probably would have liked something a little more centered but this was still a nice view. There is a large patio from the living room to the bedroom. However, I must say even being on the 3rd floor the patio doors are so thin that you do pick up alot of traffic noise.

The room was very spacious and well done. You had a full size kitchen with washer & dryer, a dining area, living room. I really liked the seperation of the bedroom, vanity and bathroom. Plenty of closet space, you really could just live there.

My only minor complaint is that they need to update their coffee machine, as it only makes one cup at a time. For a room that large, there most likely will be more than one person staying there. The fridge was a household size and they provided dishes for cooking.

We found the continental breakfast just okay. The pool was a nice size, well kept and the jacuzzi was hot with large towels to dry off with.

I have ten years of hotel experience and I must say that this could be a very nice property and I see that they were making improvements. However, they need to start with their front desk staff afterall, first impressions are lasting impressions. I did not see anyone dress professionally but sloppy. I understand this is Florida and it does get hot, but they seem to come to work like they just fell out of bed. You couldn't tell who actually worked there or if they were a guest. Seemed like the housekeeping or maintenance people were properly identifiable with a logo shirt on. I was not impressed by the staffs non chalant attitudes and it certainly is true that you dress the way you feel.

My overall stay was good and I would stay there again but hopefully the next time the staff will be properly attired.

• Stayed: October 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
ohio
Reviewed 14 July 2005

I reserved a suite at this hotel. When I showed up, they said I cancelled my reservation. I never cancelled my reservation. I think they cancelled my reservation because they did not want to honor the low rate I reserved it for. I wrote letters and called Travelodge and they never returned my calls or tried to make it right with me. I was very panicked arriving in Key West on a Saturday evening with my room reservation cancelled. They didn't even care.

• Stayed: June 2004
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 May 2005

I stayed at this hotel with my dad on April 2002. As you enter you will
walk in a very nicely decorated lobby. As you get to your room you will
not see what you expected. The pictures make it look as if ALL the rooms
had balconies. That is not true, our room did not have an ocean view
nor did it even have a balcony. There is only one elevator
to take you to the rooms. The rooms are in okay shape.
We requested two beds and they only gave us one.
We enced up paying about $148 dollars for the extremely small room.
When we arrived to our room towards the evening we found a towel
that had wears and tears all over it. We went to the front desk and they
immediately gave us a good one. The location of the hotel is very good.
It is right by the highway and next to several restaurants. Also,
I would reccomend staying at the Radisson next door which is an extremely nice property in Key West. I think they are both the same price.
ALSO, the parking of the hotel is not too bad...
There is garage parking on the G-level of the hotel.
Personally, I thought this hotel was alright.
God Bless.