Hyatt Residence Club Key West, Windward Pointe
Ocean Key Resort & Spa(Key West)
US$336
US$338
US$303
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Havana Cabana at Key West(Key West)
US$241
US$182
Hotels.com
All reviewsabbey roadtime sharesnack shackfull kitchenshuffle boardvolleyball courtping ponginfinity poolduval streetwasher and dryerinternational airportmaster bathroombeautiful bedroomsmathers beachshort driveocean viewclose to the airport
Reviewed 16 June 2011

We have been coming to Key West for 5 years and stayed at several different properties. This one was our favorite so far. Check in was efficient and fast. They even got us in early. The staff was excellent from the front desk to the maintenance staff to the attendant at sandwich shop. The unit we stayed in had very nice decor and a great view of the ocean. Our family loved the pool which always had a nice breeze and lots of lounge chairs with a large surrounding deck. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank scoothhi
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Room was very clean and spacious.
Pool was large and surrounded by beautiful Palms.
Abbys Snack shack very nice and great drinks.
Grills on site are very nice .
Grounds very well kept.
Beds were very comfortable and so were pillows.
Balconies are awesome and would be hard to beat. Lots of space.
Staff was VERY friendly and had a perfect experience with them.
I could go on and on but I have to say there is not anything I would do to change the place. Yes it is a short drive if you want to go anywhere but I did not have any trouble finding parking and driving around seeing the island is half the fun of it. Key West is only 2x4 miles so it is not far to get anywhere. Airport is not a big deal at all no matter what anyone says on this site. You hear a plane a couple times a day and when you do it is over and done within about 10 seconds.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank VacaBound1111
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We knew this resort was a couple miles from down town and preferred it that way. Sitting and relaxing while looking out over the Atlantic ocean was wonderful. This place is spotless and has everything you need to made a great vacation. Some people were complaining about airport noise here on TA- but honestly I did not have any negative experiences with that. I did see people walking to the airport as it is that close-but there are so few flights each day and they leave during the day...so unless you need to nap 24-7 it just was not an issue. We put our adult children and their kids next door at the Best Western and it was nice enough for the price too for a shorter stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank halterp11
Reviewed 13 June 2011

This hotel (I can't refer to it as a resort) was definitely clean. Both the suites and the grounds were very clean and kept up. The furniture and appliances in the suites were pretty worn and could use updating.

The issues that bothered us the most were 1. there is no restaurant to speak of. The grill at the pool area is basically hot dogs and hamburgers and very pricey. 2. unlike other hotel resorts there was really no market store/ convenience store - this wasn't misldeading as we were never told there was one, I guess we just thought there would be something there as most resorts we have stayed in have had a little store and 3. the drinks served at the pool bar are wine based, in other words what they portray as a Pina Colada has no rum - rather a wine based type of alcohol. The bothersome part is that the buyer is led to believe that they are buying a rum colada.

Also, some of the smaller hotels offered shuttle service to Duval Street, etc. Would be a nice touch for the Hyatt to offer some shuttle service even if limited.

There were some other issues such as housekeeping not understanding the privacy card - kept banging on door and trying to enter regardless. But that could happen anywhere.

Overall, definitely clean and if all you are looking for is a clean hotel room and ok swimming pool, this is definitely a good choice. If you are looking for a little more, then I would look at some of the resorts on the island.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Madigan5
Reviewed 3 June 2011

This vacation resort is just that - a resort. It has a spa (which, I am sorry to say, I did not use). The pool is excellent, very clean and kept reasonably quiet, despite a few younger children there. Plenty of lounge chairs, and a snack bar close by for tropical drinks and light fare. The grounds are beautifully groomed with a large sand area for volleyball, and a quiet water cascading pond area for reflection.

The rooms - where do I start. As near as I can tell, every room has a porch/deck with tables, chairs, rockers, and a telescope available. Our view of the pool and the ocean was fantastic. The huge king size bed in the master bedroom was tastefully decorated and the master bath was bigger than my dining room at home. It had a sauna tub as well as a spacious glass door shower, a separate room for the toilet, and double sinks. The guest bedroom had the second bath just across the hall. The open concept for the fully equipped kitchen, equisite dining room and comfortable living room was more than we expected. All with tiled flooring and plenty of ceiling fans (they only supplemented the A/C). The deck/porch is where I spent a lot of my time, especially in the quiet of the morning, watching the sun rise. One morning I was amazed at how calm the ocean was, it looked like a pond it was so smooth. Another morning I saw 4 military jets flying out over the ocean, manuvering in formation. During this week of relaxation, I managed to read three books. Total and complete escape from the real world. Like I said in the title, "Best Vacation Yet."

This resort is near the Key West International Air Port, but the majority of planes are small jets or single engine ones. I found them more entertaining than intrusive.

Room Tip: Bring plenty of sunscreen!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple