All reviewsabbey roadtime sharesnack shackfull kitchenshuffle boardvolleyball courtping pongduval streetinternational airportwasher and dryerbeautiful bedroommaster bedroomsmathers beachclose to the airportshort driveocean viewpool area
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We were pleasantly surprised at the beautiful 2-bdr suite, granite kitchen coutertops, beautiful furnishings, huge outdoor veranda w/ rattan patio table, chairs. Safe, family-style, not crowded, didn't notice planes, great view of Atlantic, easy to travel around island. My Mom and sister said "nicest place they've ever stayed". It was great decor , clean, and best layout for my family. The beds were AWESOME, clean and o-so comfy. I slept like a baby. My neice loved it, toop. The pool was massive, and lots of fun in evening. The outside grill should have stayed open late for travelers coming back to hotel for the day. Parking was good & free.
The landscape on the entire grounds was absolutely beautiful.

Room Tip: Ask for bldg overlooking road & ocean, nearest to pool and grill.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We were there in August 2011 just before Hurricane Irene decided to pass the Keys and swamp the East Coast.

Let's deal with the primary complaint people have with this venue, its proximity to the airport. You could walk from the terminal building to the hotel but the taxi it only $4.00. Yes, you hear the airplanes especially if you are out in the parking lot or by the pool. No, we did not find them annoying. However, the jets going into the naval air station were loud enough that you could probably hear them half way to Marathon and everywhere on the island.

My only other complaint was that the barbecue grills which used charcoal are in an awkward location.

So, that is the total of my negative things to day about the place before I go give an otherwise glowing review. It is a very nice place.

The staff was attentive and the rooms are large. It is a time share so you get the full kitchen and amenities expected of a time share. The telescope is a nice touch. We were in building four on the second floor. The view was excellent.

The pool is large enough to accommodate the people that were there the days we used it. It was clean and well maintained.

The grounds are pretty and exhibit nice tropical flowers.

You can't walk there from Duval street, so if you are looking for the noise and "action" of the city's legendary night life, this may not be the place, but to my way of thinking, that is a good thing. I don't want loud parties next door late into the evening. I enjoy a place as quiet as this.

You can't walk to the beach, but Smather's beach is not far away. We did nto swim there since the weather kicked up by Hurricane Irene made the waters too rough, but the beach looked nice.

We ate at La Trattoria next door twice, I will post a separate review shortly.

I hope to return when the weather is a little cooler.

CTR

Room Tip: The rooms away from the road are the best.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CruisingtoRetirement
Reviewed 31 August 2011

We where in Key West for the first time and could not have picked a better place to stay. From check-in to all our needs during our trip. The staff was amazing and helped us at every turn. I would especially like to thank Jeff at the front desk for all his assistance. When Hurricane Irene changed our departure plans he was very helpful and it felt as if we had a friend at the Hyatt. The hotel was on the quiet side of the island, but I prefer that. We flew into Miami and drove the overseas highway which was a beautiful ride. The hotel was beautiful and very spacious for 6 people. The condo had everything we needed and more. If you needed anything all you had to do was call and that item appeared at your door within minutes. The grounds where great especially the pool and hot tub. Happy hour was enjoyable daily before heading out for dinner. Must see on Key West is Duval Street, Mallory Square, Hemingway museum, Truman white house ( if you like history), sunset cruises, snorkeling. Many fabulous restaurants to choose from. All in all a GREAT vacation. Would recommend Hyatt Windward Pointe HIGHLY.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank lindavoner
Reviewed 25 August 2011

From the elite and well trained staff to Abby Road (the cookery by the pool) everything was excellent. The service,the food, the amenities absolutely first class.

We are going back next month and we can't wait.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank TSH51150
Reviewed 19 August 2011

The unit was clean and spacious. Views of the water were magnificent. The front desk and housekeeping staff were very helpful. Poolside music was fun. Only drawback - there were some noisy college spring-breakers there, but management kept their noise to a minimum.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family