All reviews abbey road time share snack shack full kitchen duval street infinity pool international airport washer and dryer ping pong table the atlantic ocean master bedroom smathers beach close to the airport short drive large balcony beautiful resort jacuzzi tub
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I just got back from a long "girls' weekend" with 5 girlfriends of mine. The Hyatt was absolutely perfect! We slept easily in the two bedroom, two bathroom villa (we took turns sleeping on the pull-out sofa) and we had plenty of room to relax and to get ready. Our villa had a nice view of the ocean (albeit across the street of A1A) and the grounds were impeccable. The front desk and concierge were remarkable and very friendly. The Hyatt is located next to the airport, but the occasional plane that flew overhead was not too bothersome. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone who may not want to be right on top of everything; taxis and shuttles were able to get us down to the action on Duval Street very easily.

Date of stay: October 2011
Reviewed 27 October 2011

The property is beautiful and appears to be well maintained. Our unit appeared to be very clean when we checked in. The staff was also professional and helpful. Here is the problem. I got eaten by some type of bug in the unit. My legs have no less than 100 bites, my arms more than 30. Since we had torrential rains while there, we knew these bites were not mosquito bites. I've contacted Hyatt to make them aware. All I can say is I've been living on Benadryl since I got home, and I am trying to prevent any kind of infection. Be cautious if you stay here. Not sure what kind of bugs bit me, but there were definitely bugs in the unit, seen or unseen.

Date of stay: October 2011
1  Thank Tammy H
Reviewed 4 October 2011

We stayed last year and it was a great place to stay. We especially loved Abbey Road and their happy hour! The pool was great too!

Date of stay: November 2010
1  Thank NavigatorChick
Reviewed 3 October 2011

There are things that name Hyatt implies, staff telling guests to go to Key West and get wasted, rooms unavailable before 4pm, ( even in off season, with the hotel half empty) rooms shaking every time an aircraft taxis for take off, loud rock music by the pool, and the view from the infinity edge pool, interrupted by used plastic glasses and trucks thundering along the road that separates the hotel pool area from the ocean......... are not amongst them!!!!
However this was our experience of this Hyatt, and it is not one we will be repeating.
Our room did have a wow factor, the place was spotless, although the list of articles in the room was not complete, so if you do stay make sure you check the list left for you, don't plan on sleeping in, if the aircraft noise isn't enough the gardeners vacuum the footpaths every morning at 8am.
The hotel is at least 4 miles from the centre of Key West, I'm certain there are better nearer places to choose to stay. My advice don't bother with this timeshare resort.

Room tip: buy earplugs!!!!!!
Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank JJ565
Reviewed 20 September 2011

We stayed here with three adults and three kids. The kids loved the pool, it was warm and spacious, had views of the ocean, lots of furniture to hang out on. The adults loved the poolside bar, though the drinks are weak, it was really nice to sip something cold and mildly alcoholic in the hot key west weather.
It is nice that it is on the quite side of the island staying there with kids. Also a bonus that the fort museum right next door is where chucky aka robert the doll resides. The kids had lots of fun being spooky over that. We wouldn't have know about it but for he first night we went on a spooky walking tour downtown where the chucky house was.
Biggest problem here was service. Though all were really nice, our toilet was plugged up for two days before some came to fix it. All in all, we really liked it and will be back!

Date of stay: August 2011