“If I could dream up the perfect honeymoon suite, this would be it!”

Hyatt Windward Pointe
Ranked #30 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 17 October 2009

View overlooking the Atlantic. Negative-edge pool. Gigantic tub. Comfy beds. Cozy kitchen, dining and living rooms. Intimate balcony (with telescope for star-gazing). This is the place to stay if you are looking for class and comfort. I was incredibly happy with our stay at Hyatt Windward Pointe. Staff was friendly ... even saw a baby raccoon! It was like a home away from home (complete with washer and dryer! :)

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 October 2009

The Hyatt Windward Point in Key West was a great place to stay. My wife and I traveled with my sister and her husband. We loved the two bedroom suites and the extra large patio overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Our unit was very spacious and quiet. Traveling to the action in Key West was just a short drive and we had no problem finding places to park. Would definitely stay at the Hyatt Windward Resort on our next trip to Key West.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2009

We enjoyed a weekend at this Hyatt on a recent trip to Keywest. The hotel is beautiful and a short drive from most attractions on the island of Keywest. We were annoyed with the very aggresive timeshare sales people in the lobby. We stayed at the property on a AAA rate, but for some reason we were bothered by call, in person and in writing about there timeshares as if we were there on some free weekend package. Otherwise this is a very clean and nice Hyatt and although I think I will consider a different hotel next time, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lovetravelingalot
Reviewed 22 September 2009

We had a wonderful vacation here. The units were very nicely laid out and had everything we needed. We did have several small repairs that needed to be made, but they were tended to right away and we were very pleased. All the staff we had contact with were pleasant and professional. The grounds were well manicured and the location away from the hustle and bustle of Old Town was excellent. We were on a time share exchange and it was one of the best we have ever done!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jemgk
Reviewed 2 September 2009

Let me start by saying that this is a beautiful resort with 2 bedroom condos, updated furnishings and beautiful amenities. It has a saltwater pool that overlooks the ocean. It is right near a bus stop and the walkway where every one runs and walks runs along roosevelt right in front of the resort. We stayed here a week 8/30 - 9/6/09 (yes, still here!) The downside: There are no restaurants within 2 miles and you have to drive everywhere (benihana is next door but is always dead). It is approx. 2.5 miles to duval street or anything good in key west or stock island. Publix is about 2 miles as well. So, if you like quiet and away from the scene, this the place for you. The sales staff was surprised I was able to exchange through Interval Intl and apparently its hard to get in here. If I had a choice, I'd prefer Sunset Harbor in Old Town so I could walk everywhere, all things considered. Another downside is the noise - we are in building 5 - the airport is very loud. You can hear every plane that lands and takeoff and the noise in the condo above us (we are on floor 2) wakes us up every time they slide a door or drag a chair. Our neighbors are up all hours of the night, so sleep is an issue but . . . some people are just rude and inconsiderate. There is a beeping noise in the electrical room, after 4 days here, we have finally figured out how to reset the fire alarm b/c it is so annoying, you cannot sit outside without getting a headache. There are beautiful balconies that overlook the pool and ocean, so serene and relaxing. The kitchen is fully furnished and you can cook anything. Coffee makers, free wireless, etc. There are some grills, but you have to use charcoal. We have found all of the fresh fish markets and may take them up on it, but not really sure why there aren't gas grills. Other than the noise problems, every one is very friendly and this is a beautiful place. The Poolside Shack is good and they have happy hour every day with 2 for 1, great frozen drinks and food. This place is a gem if you don't want to be in the action and have a car.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank jclc1213
Reviewed 16 August 2009

We were really impressed with the accommodations when we arrived. The condo has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms which were awesome with 2 teenage girls. The balcony was large with a nice table and chairs. We were in building #2 on the second floor. Our room faced the sand volleyball court and pool. Our ocean view was nice (and we were close) but the buildings (near the road) facing the ocean would have the better unobstructed views. The grounds were well maintained. This facility is near the airport but I only heard a few planes when I was outside. The room has a washer and dryer which were great. Housekeeping checked in every day to see if we needed anything. The kitchen is well stocked but I would suggest not leaving any food out. We had some pastries in a plastic container which we had to throw away due to finding them covered with ants after only being on the counter overnight. The problem started at checkout. I made our reservations through Hyatt.com on May 7. On July 15, I noticed that our room rate had decreased. Hyatt advertises a best rate guarantee so I contacted Hyatt reservations by phone for an adjustment and received a confirmation email. When I went to checkout, the front desk receptionist Daniel Parker handed me my receipt showing my balance owed. It did not include my rate adjustment and was more than my original reservation rate. I showed him my email confirmation from Hyatt reservations with my new rate. He explained there was nothing he could do because he could not adjust my rate. I asked to speak to the manager. The manager Peter Tsidenkov also reviewed my confirmation email. He also explained that they could not adjust my rate and told me I would have to call reservations since I made my reservations online. When I was questioning how they could not honor a reservation made with Hyatt, Daniel became condescending and rude. The same 2 men were telling a lady in front of me the same thing when she was complaining about her bill. I told them both that this must be a pattern. I then contacted Chris from Hyatt reservations. He placed me on hold for quite some time and came back to explain that the Windward Pointe staff were reporting I made my reservations online through a third party (i.e. Expedia) so I needed to contact the third party. Chris explained that he told them my reservations were through Hyatt. I explained to Chris that I also showed Daniel and Peter my confirmation email from Hyatt. After being on the phone for an hour, Chris told me that they were going to honor my rate adjustment. I returned to the desk to get a new receipt so I would have written proof. We will definitely return to Key West but will not stay with Hyatt Windward Pointe again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank bleumastiff
Reviewed 28 July 2009

Great place to relax.Friendly people .Good location to downtown.

Stayed: August 2008