“graet place to stay”

Hyatt Windward Pointe
Ranked #29 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 21 April 2010

I go to key west two to three times a year for the last seven years. This is by far the best place I have stayed .

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tpdrick
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Windward Pointe

Reviewed 16 April 2010

We stayed in Key west for the first time with children in april and were more than pleased with the hyatt. Beautiful rooms with large kitchens, publix & winn dixie grocery stores nearby so you can stock it. A great poolside grill with good food where owner Randy can give you directions to the best seafood only known to locals. Poolside grills will be prepared and lit for you. Beautiful views from the pool and beaches within walking distance. Duval street is a quick cab ride or drive away. Great maid service daily! Worth every penny!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Sbabs01
Reviewed 11 April 2010

My wife & I stayed here for 7 nights in early March & found the complex exceeded our expectations. The apartment was spacious with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a well equipped kitchen, lounge & large balcony. The public areas were well maintained & the staff were friendly & helpful. The gardens were well kept & the pool area was lovely with comfortable sunbeds. A car is essential as the complex is a few miles from Key West town centre & taxis are expensive. Parking in the centre of Key West is very expensive but we did find a multi-storey car park which was reasonably priced.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DianeAndy
Reviewed 7 April 2010

We just got back from a week's stay at the Hyatt Windward Point. We are Hyatt Timeshare owners. We own in Bonita Springs and decided to swap for this trip. I must say I love the location. It's only a short 7 minute drive into downtown Key West. We never had any trouble finding parking and it was great to get away from the "craziness" of old town to the peace and quite the Hyatt Windward Point has to offer. My husband still says he would prefer to stay at the Hyatt Sunset Harbor since you can walk everywhere from that location. I however disagree. It's very busy in old town and I loved the fact that in a few minutes you could be away from it all and enjoy the gorgeous water views from our huge balcony! Plus there was a volleyball court, shuffle board, ping pong etc. for my teenage son. The timeshare rooms were beautiful and met all of our expectations. The only drawback was the road that separated the hotel from the ocean. It would have been picture perfect if there wasn't a road. However I enjoyed taking long walks along the sea wall across the street. Some reviews complain about the airport noise. It wasn't a big deal at all. Quite frankly most of the airline noise wasn't from the airport next door but was from the fighter pilot's doing their training. Many fighter jets thru out the day. Again no big deal kind of cool to watch them literally ZIP on by. We would stay here again without question. Some fun things to do was the Fury "commotion on the ocean" sunset cruise. They had live band on catamaran and we had a blast. Also recommend the Danger Cruise full day backcountry excursion. We went sailing, snorkeling and kayaking around the mangrove islands. A fabulous trip. The boys also did the 27 mile jet-ski trip around key west and had a ball. The butterfly conservatory on Duvall Street was beautiful and I would say it's a fun thing to do too!! The Yankee Freedom trip to the Dry Tortuga Islands was not worth the $150.00 per person.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank ck1sunrise
Reviewed 4 April 2010

Wife and I and our 2 kids (ages 12 and 6) just returned from Key West from 3/27-4/2 and stayed at Hyatt Windward Point. We paid $225/night for a large 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo and were fortunate enough to get an ocean view with a large rotunda lanai. The condo was fantastic. The furnishings were nice (not cheesy) and the kitchen was modern. The bathrooms were large and the beds were a king and a queen and not at all lumpy. There were no ants or tiny critters (we were on the 2nd floor). The condo was clean, and the daily maid service tidied up everything. The grounds were beautiful and the service desk was competent. The airport noise runs from 9am thru 9pm, but it isn't like being at JFK, there are very few flights, and after the first day, you barely noticed them. Shoot, I think I heard more airplane noise from the jets at the nearby Naval Air Station than from the airport. I guess my only con is that I heard floor noise from my upstairs neighbor or the water pipe noise from a toilet flushing or water draining from the jacuzzi tub in the master bath. The resort is on the eastern side of Key West, far from all the restaurants/bars on Duval Street, you will need a car or public transportation to do anything. But that is okay, the place is quiet (the windows are double insulated), there is free parking, I found it to be a safe place for a family, and the price can't be beat. We enjoyed our stay at this resort and would highly recommend it for a family.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank figmentsas
Reviewed 28 March 2010

I came down with a group of 5, and we couldn't have asked more from the Hyatt Windward Pointe. From what I could tell, the property is pretty new and well maintained, with well kept and beautiful grounds, clean and modern rooms, comfortable beds, and views off of any balcony facing the ocean. The staff was helpful when we associated with them, and a minor housekeeping issue was addressed quickly when we contacted the front desk. Our room was tidied daily by the housekeeping staff, and they even put the dishes in the dishwasher and started it every day for us while we were out. The hotel is located adjacent to Key West International Airport, so if you fly in, the cab ride won't be very much at all. You could probably even walk it. If airport noise bothers you, call the hotel and request a room on the front side of the hotel after making a reservation. Our room was on the front corner of the building, and we were never awakened from any airport noise, nor was it bothersome when we were at the pool. For what it's worth, the airport doesn't have any operations between 10:30 PM - 6:30 AM or so, nor is the airport very busy in general. In other words, it's really not too much of an issue.

Overall, a great stay at this Hyatt. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank BobWeaver
Reviewed 18 March 2010

They Hyatt was a great hotel with great service. My husband and I along with another couple stayed in a two bedroom/two bath suite (room 5132) which had plenty of space and a direct ocean view. We booked a three night special for $225 per night which was a great deal for Key West. Unfortunately Key West itself left a lot to be desired. Duval street was very busy, especially at night due to Spring Break. Our one attempt at Smather's beach was ruined when someone was arrested for stealing from people while they were in the water. We also cancelled our snorkeling trip due to winds/low visibility. I would highly recommend the Hyatt Windward pointe for a relaxing vacation in Key West.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple