“Exceptional Service”

Ranked #29 of 51 Hotels in Key West
CT
“Exceptional Service”
Reviewed 22 January 2011

An exceptional, elongated stay (due to NE snow storm)
Staff was cordial and accommodating to requests (extra towels, battery for TV remote control The property is beautiful and very well maintained.
FREE PARKING included, which is an important perk for KW.
Try Abondonza (spelling?), the best Italian food in the Keys!
Abbey Road on property makes great Mango Margaritas!!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WORLDTRAVELER06877

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 18 January 2011

The Hyatt Windward Pointe Resort was clean, staff was excellent. When we checked in everyone was friendly and accomodating. I asked for our sheets to be changed when we got there simply because I'm a neat nik and I found a hair on the sheets, they did not even squabble about it, took care of it right away. The resort is across the street from the water and it was beautiful to look out the balcony and enjoy the calm of it all. The grounds were very clean. We had a family barbecue and all we had to do was tell them what time we were going to be there and they set it all up and had it ready for us. The room has a complete kitchen so if your looking to save a bit of money in this area it is perfect. The hotel is close to the airport but so are many other hotels. It really wasn't that bad. If you choose to focus on it, it could annoy you, but we did not make the airport our focus and therefor didn't even realize it was there most of the time. Our adult children traveled with us and they were just as pleased as we were. We have no regrets. It is a very modern facility not really in the busyness of Key West, but the island is not that big, so you can get to anywhere in the island within just a few minutes. No regrets in our decision to stay here.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank blancod
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 13 January 2011

My entire immediate family stayed for 6 nights (11 people-3 rooms). Although overall I would rate the hotel as okay, on the next to last day I had a very nice piece of jewelry stolen out of my room. I knew the exact time and place and it was during the time i left the room for the house keepers to clean. I didn't accuse anyone specifically but felt very sure it had be stolen either by them or someone who sneaked in when they were cleaning. The house keeping assured me that they take these matters seriously with a police investigation and that she would keep in touch with me. It has been two weeks since then and I still have no resolution to this problem. I have had to call each time to get any information and there has been no mention of an investigation. This type of security is not at all what i would expect from a Hyatt, but the hotel is right on the main road in town. In addition the lack of followup is very poor. thank goodness we used the safe for our computers and ipods. I was just going to the pool while they cleaned and took of my ring without thinking. I would never stay there again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank mommd88
Pt Pleasant
Reviewed 6 December 2010

Sitting at the pool relaxing, I couldn't help but notice the scent of what I thought was a cookout going on somewhere. Later I went to the Abbey Road pool bar for a beverage and lo and behold, the cookout was right there. Behind the counter was Randy (the owner) cooking on a flat top grill andthere was absolutely no room for another burger. Seems to be his big seller. I later took him up on his challenge of telling me they are the best burgers on the island Glad I did. It was awesome. Didn't fool with any crazy toppings etc-Just the burger on a roll. Later in the week had other things off of the menu like a blackened grouper sandwich, yellowtail, wraps, salads among others and they were just as good. So if you just want to relax and hang by the pool and leave the Duval Crawl for later, there is no better place to relax than at Abbey Road

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pantherPtPleasant
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 October 2010

This is a nice hotel with one major problem right now. There is no food or drink available at all. The on site snack bar called Abbey Rd is closed. When we were there it had no roof and there was no explanation from anyone about what was going on. We were not told when we booked and the staff was not surprised.

Bottom line is if you want a quiet hotel with nothing going on this is the place for you. Very quiet and peaceful... Oh, wait, no it's not. It's right at the end of the airport runway. Anyone who says that doesn't bother them probably made the mistake of buying a timeshare here and is kidding themselves. The first flight takes off at 8:11am every morning and it feels like the airplane is about to crash into the hotel every time. Every 15 minutes or so another plane takes off and the sound is deafening.

The rooms are very large and were clean. The full kitchen is a great amenity if travelling on a budget. Keep in mind that you do not get full housekeeping here, either.

No fitness center.

This is a timeshare resort so I knew it wouldn't have the same amenities as the full service resort, but until the food reopens stay away! Also, you need a car to stay here in order to get anywhere. Alternatively, there is a scooter rental that was recommended to us that can drop a scooter off at the hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pete7919
Palmetto, FL
Reviewed 5 October 2010

My husband and I travaled to Key West with another couple and stayed at the Hyatt Windward for a week in September. The resort is very well kept and the grounds are beautiful. Our large 2 bedroom/2 bath suite had a huge balcony and beautiful views of the pool and Atlantic. The beach is about 1/2 mile down the road but you still have great views. It is right next to the airport, but there are only a few flights in and out a day so it wasn't a big deal. I have been to Key West before and stayed closer to Duval. If you are going away for a quick weekend trip, you might want to stay closer to town (Ocean Key or Hyatt on Front St are nice or Simonton Court if don't like chains) so you can walk to all the bars and restaurants on Duval. If you are going for a little longer and want someplace away from the craziness to relax - this place is perfect. I would definately recommend having a car for the week or you will be spending a lot of money on cabs. We drove from Sarasota so we had a car and it only took about 10 mins to get from the resort to all the action and there is a Publix right down the road too so you can stock the kitchen. We spent a lot of time having coffee and mimosas in the morning on the balcony, sitting around the pool and chillin in the room.
The resort was pretty empty which was nice but the on site bar/restaurant was closed the entire week which was kind of a bummer. There were quite a few restaurants closed downtown too so it must be because it's so quiet this time of year. Overall - great place. I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank tomandnikki
Stafford, Virginia
Reviewed 27 August 2010

Firstly, this reviewer is extremely particular about which hotels she will stay in...thankfully, the Winward Pointe was a dream come true for this fussy traveler! After doing hours and hours of research to find just the perfect hotel in Key West for my husband and I, along with 4 young men (ages 15-24)... we chose the Winward Pointe. From the moment we entered the reception area to check-in until check-out time, this hotel (and timeshare) far exceeded our expectations. The staff was very helpful and efficient, the 'condo' style accommodations were excellent, and the 10 beautiful, lush acres of landscaped grounds were full of an array of activities...or great for just relaxing by the large pool. Our condo was immaculate, comfortable, and roomy. We spent may hours out on the ample balcony overlooking a palmed-treed, manicured lawn and the Altantic Ocean. We had some meals cooked in the fully-equipt kitchen and some eaten out 'in-town' only 15 minutes away on Duval Street. Our stay in Key West was only 4 short days in the end of August, so there were not many guests at this time of year, which was nice. This place was perfect for the six of us... swimming, volleyball, billiards, shuffleboard, three TVs, card games, music, grilling, or walks along the ocean. The huge pool was very relaxing and a quiet retreat. The famous Abby Road snack bar by the pool provided delicious food, real bargins for drinks each day, and very friendly staff. Frequent iguanas of all sizes, an occasional night-time racoon, and lush gardens filled with interesting indigenous plants added to our first-time experience in Key West. We took a Fury sunset snorkling cruise that was excellent (ship docked at marina by Duval Street and Mallory Sq) and we passed several nice, but small, beaches on our way into town. What about the airport nearby??? Didn't hear a thing! We look forward to going back to Winward Pointe again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family