“Hidden Gem”

Grunts Bar
Ranked #52 of 443 Restaurants in Key West
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Cheap Eats, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A beautiful brick courtyard and relaxed surroundings with bamboo and palm trees. Located in old town but it feels like miles away. Wifi available.
Houston
“Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The lobster mac and cheese alone made our time here worth it. We liked that it was away from the craziness of Duval street and the ambience was nice. Shaded by lots of trees, nice to get out of the hot sun for a while. All of our servers were very nice and prompt. My burger was a little overdone but still good. I would definitely return back.

• Visited July 2014

Manchester, TN
“Delicious fish and bread pudding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We ordered the fish tacos and fish and scallops in mushroom sauce to share. The fish was excellent. I loved the mushroom sauce. Also the bread pudding is fantastic. A great choice for foodies.

“Fantastic hidden gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

We tried this restaurant based on prior reviews. They were spot on! This was one of the best meals we had on our 9 day trip in the keys. The service was incredibly friendly and the place is a little off the beaten path from the duval st tourist traps. Big beer selection and the lobster mac and cheese were brilliant! I highly recommend this restaurant

Fort Wayne Indiana
“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I must sat that the homemade Peach Sangria was the best thing I have ever drank....mmmm.....loved it. We decided to stay for dinner and the food was excellent however I ordered the lobster tail and evidently there is a group, no a swarm of flies there that love lobster. I am not kidding when I say they were swarming like angry bee's. It was horrible. I eat outside all of the time and this was not your normal bothersome flies.

The waitress noticed us being bombarded by the flies and brought a young man over to take the lobster tail away because they said that is what they are after. If in deed this is the case, they shouldn't plate the tail. Seriously.

Not sure if the restaurant has consulted professionals about the flies but from a patrons standpoint they were totally disrupting of our wonderful meal. The food was delicious however when I go back for anything other than the Peach Sangria I will take my order to go. JUST to avoid the flies.

Great Sangria, excellent food.....take it to go if getting lobster to avoid the horrid flies.

Covington, LA
“DELICIOUS!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

This was our first trip to Key West. The lobster mac n cheese was so good. My husband and I got the yellowtail snapper. OMG!! So well prepared. Our friends got the Tuna and loved there's too. Can't wait to take our daughters there in August.

• Visited April 2014