Chelsea House Hotel in Key West
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Almond Tree Inn(Key West)
Orchid Key Inn(Key West)
La Te Da Hotel(Key West)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbagelsduval streetstandard queencontinental breakfastpool areatruman avenuetwo blockswithin walking distanceoff street parkingking roomnice poolsized bedwalked everywherehard boiled eggsnice breakfasteach morningfront porch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 September 2011

My husband and I were here for Labor Day weekend. The stay wasn't bad. We were rarely in our room, but it was clean with plenty of towels each day. It is also on the quiet section of town which I really liked. I personally wouldn't want to stay on the party end of Duval - even a few streets away as this hotel is.

We got in late on Friday. They left the key for us in a small lock box and told us via phone where our room was located. They left a letter with instructions and a map of the property which was very helpful. We had to park on the street, but luckily found a spot right on the street in front of Chelsea House. We didn't even move our car - we rode our bikes or walked the whole weekend. They have bike racks for you as well - so don't forget your lock!

We checked in Sat morning before having the breakfast. Beth was very helpful and gave us quite a few pointers (and coupons!) on places to eat and things to do. It was a pleasure talking with her.

The breakfast was not very good. Very plain with limited choices. I realize it is a continental breakfast, but the items were not "special" as would befits such a neat, older house. The items weren't from one of the stellar restaurants around but seemed like they came from Sam's club. Based on that, the next two days we were here we ate out.

The only other issue was the bathroom. The shower curtain was too short so water pooled on the floor. I did love the HOT water though! We took quite a number of showers each day because you get hot and sweaty touring around during the day and have to clean up for dinner.

We would stay here again if it were just us. We would not bring our kids here - it is a very quiet place (which is what we wanted!) and they wouldn't like it. We would just factor in the lack of a decent breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My husband and I have stayed here many, many times in the past 10 years. We travel to KW 2-3 times a year. The original staff was great. Apparently new owners or management are running it now. Everything was pretty much the same at our last stay with the exception of now children are allowed to stay there and the staff is dowright rude. They were upset and hassled us our entire stay because my husbands last name and mine are different. They said they couldn't understand why our names where not the same. They said the deposit cc given had to be the exact same one that we paid for the room with. We also had issues extending our stay. Took us 3 days to get that straight over the phone. We have since moved on to places that want to take our money and aren't concerned whether our last names match. It is clean and has a nice pool area. It's in a decent area. Right off Duval St.

Room Tip: Stay in the bldg opposite the office. Much roomer and quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2011

I especially liked the rustic look and feel of this historic location. It was never our objective to stay in a traditional hotel with the usual amenities but to experience Key West and it's traditions as it should be. The included sunset cruise was especially awesome. The only issue we had was that the shower facet was broken and fell off in my hand, but no bug deal

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stacy r
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I have stayed at Chelsea House a few times and I have never been dissapointed. It is convenient to everything, very nice staff very clean and comfortable. Also I felt safe staying there alone. Last vist I stayed in room 15 it is a small room but very cozy, my favorite room so far. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Shells103
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I am sure i would have felt better about this hotel if the reception staff where friendlier. I did not feel welcome at all when we arrived, and the few questions i had to ask, she could "not be sure about" or " didnt know".

The rooms where quite good, but the bathroom where the worse of all that i had seen trough this US trip. Though it was ok, but low standard.
The pool in the backyard of this hotel was though very good.

If i ever come again to Key West, i will go somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple