Pros - good location, nice buildings, nice pool area and gardens.
Cons - some rooms are the size of a broom closet and lack amenities; I had booked "Superior Queen", not "Standard Queen"; The Superior was so small that it had room for a single night stand - which was actually a fridge?!? and a single night light on one side of the bed; the normal place for a night light on the other side of the bed was occupied by ... you guessed it... a wall AC unit. So, the choice was to sleep in the hot and humid air or stay awake all night because of the noise and rattling of the AC just above your head - great for relaxing; Also - since the place is officially Bed and Breakfast - I expected at least some boiled eggs at breakfast - it was really skimpy, baked goods and carbs only and no coffee or refreshments during the day. I would not complain if the price was better - but it was in a range where I expected to be able to use the AC in the room at least. There is much better value in Key West as I discovered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic architecture with updated, modern rooms and amenities are what you will enjoy at our Chelsea House Hotel located two blocks from Duval Street, making for a leisurely walk to Key West restaurants, nightlife, and attractions. Our stylish, boutique hotel has 48 guest rooms located within three former historic estate properties, two in the Victorian, Queen Anne architectural style; the Peter H. Hanlon house, built in 1905, and the George L. Lowe house erected in 1891. They stand on an acre of tropical gardens which includes a large, heated pool and many comfortable lounging areas. A third former estate property, the Maloney House, was built in 1884. Whether you seek sun, solitude, or a gathering spot for friends, Chelsea House Hotel offers a perfect spot for your next Key West vacation. Continental breakfast is included with all guest stays. Guest parking is available on-site. Historic architecture & modern rooms. Free continental breakfast. Free internet. Upscale eco-friendly bathroom amenities. Large pool. Boutique hotel. Walk to Duval Street and the waterfront. Located in the heart of Old Town, Key West. Charming and romantic, where modern style & comfort meets relaxed Key West vibe at the Chelsea House Hotel. Self parking onsite for 10 USD/day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Chelsea House Hotel in Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chelsea House Pool And Gardens
- Chelsea House Pool & Gardens Hotel Key West
- Chelsea House Hotel In Key West Florida