For the price very disappointed , certainly over priced for the mini size of room, lack of furniture e.g. no wardrobe or hangers and only a small chest of drawers x 3, bed was uncomfortable , felt like it was falling to pieces! The first room that we were shown was in the attic/under the roof, felt like climbing Everest getting there, up narrow wooden staircase's. Thank goodness we'd checked the room out before lugging our 50lbs suitcases up the zigzag stairs. I had a word with the reception desk explained that my wife had back problems regarding climbing so many steep steps. Kindly enough we were given a room on the ground floor which to our suprise was even smaller than the one in the attic! " You win some you loose some ". Anyway, after openning the door we were put off with the strong domestos/klorix sort of smell. As the Brits would say " not enough room to swing a cat ", not even enough floor space for both of us to unpack our cases at the same time! Under the wall mounted a/c unit which was very loud during the night was an even smaller flat screen tv. Breakfast was a sort of self-service buffet found outside on a wooden shelf next to the pool. Complimentary parking was available, so was internet but only in a couple of spots, reception staff were pleasant and helpful, location was good only a few mins away from Hemmingways house. I wouldn't recommend it and certainly not for the high price that we'd paid. We didn't find the 'Key West charm' that we were looking forward to as portrayed in internet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic architecture with updated, modern rooms and amenities are what you will enjoy at our Chelsea House Hotel located two blocks from Duval Street, making for a leisurely walk to Key West restaurants, nightlife, and attractions. Our stylish, boutique hotel has 48 guest rooms located within three former historic estate properties, two in the Victorian, Queen Anne architectural style; the Peter H. Hanlon house, built in 1905, and the George L. Lowe house erected in 1891. They stand on an acre of tropical gardens which includes a large, heated pool and many comfortable lounging areas. A third former estate property, the Maloney House, was built in 1884. Whether you seek sun, solitude, or a gathering spot for friends, Chelsea House Hotel offers a perfect spot for your next Key West vacation. Continental breakfast is included with all guest stays. Guest parking is available on-site. Historic architecture & modern rooms. Free continental breakfast. Free internet. Upscale eco-friendly bathroom amenities. Large pool. Boutique hotel. Walk to Duval Street and the waterfront. Located in the heart of Old Town, Key West. Charming and romantic, where modern style & comfort meets relaxed Key West vibe at the Chelsea House Hotel. Self parking onsite for 10 USD/day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Chelsea House Hotel in Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chelsea House Pool And Gardens
- Chelsea House Pool & Gardens Hotel Key West
- Chelsea House Hotel In Key West Florida