First impression...HOT. They leave the doors to the Inn open. But, the AC in the rooms worked really well. So, the sweltering Key West heat didn't make it into the rooms. The bed was very comfortable. The location was great and we lucked out with one of the three on location parking spaces.
The big problem was that the bathroom was quite literally crawling with ants. They seemed particularly keen on the bar of soap that the hotel provided. We only stayed one night and didn't bother telling the management though. It didn't have a major impact on our stay because they seemed to remain in the bathroom.
A smaller problem was that the breakfast choices were limited and overall poor in quality. I've had a better continental breakfast at a roadside motel. Not at all what I'd expect from a historic inn.
While there were some people with children in the inn, be aware that there is a clothing optional sun deck that is visible from many of the rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic architecture with updated, modern rooms and amenities are what you will enjoy at our Chelsea House Hotel located two blocks from Duval Street, making for a leisurely walk to Key West restaurants, nightlife, and attractions. Our stylish, boutique hotel has 48 guest rooms located within three former historic estate properties, two in the Victorian, Queen Anne architectural style; the Peter H. Hanlon house, built in 1905, and the George L. Lowe house erected in 1891. They stand on an acre of tropical gardens which includes a large, heated pool and many comfortable lounging areas. A third former estate property, the Maloney House, was built in 1884. Whether you seek sun, solitude, or a gathering spot for friends, Chelsea House Hotel offers a perfect spot for your next Key West vacation. Continental breakfast is included with all guest stays. Guest parking is available on-site. Historic architecture & modern rooms. Free continental breakfast. Free internet. Upscale eco-friendly bathroom amenities. Large pool. Boutique hotel. Walk to Duval Street and the waterfront. Located in the heart of Old Town, Key West. Charming and romantic, where modern style & comfort meets relaxed Key West vibe at the Chelsea House Hotel. Self parking onsite for 10 USD/day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Chelsea House Hotel in Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chelsea House Pool And Gardens
- Chelsea House Pool & Gardens Hotel Key West
- Chelsea House Hotel In Key West Florida