“Nice Place, Great Location”

Angelina Guest House
Ranked #25 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had a fun one-night stay at the Angelina. I loved the location, and I am very happy I decided to stay here rather than somewhere further away. The breakfast included some very good cinnamon rolls, but otherwise there wasn't much. The pool also looked great but I didn't get a chance to go in.
A few small complaints:
The air conditioner's controls did not work (I suspect this is purposely to conserve electricity). The room was hot and more AC was needed.
Wifi was a little weak.
The beds were a little squeaky.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mattofcanada

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Made reservations for a Fri-Mon in early March. I clearly remember saying, I don't know what time we will be there on Friday as I haven't booked the flight yet, but we will be there Friday and leaving Monday morning. For whatever reason, I never received an email from them, but I was not concerned. On the Friday of our arrival, while waiting for our final flight to Key West, I received a very rude call from the Angelina asking where we were. The woman said they expected us yesterday (Thursday). I explained that we never planned on coming Thursday, it was always Friday. I was told that we would have to pay for Thursday and that we did not have a room for Sunday night. When we arrived at the Angelina we were greeted very rudely as if this was our fault! They insisted we pay for the previous night even though I didn't book Thursday. We tried very hard to be nice about the situation and received no courtesy. In fact we were told that we needed to look at it from their point of view. My husband was trying to make the best of a bad situation and casually mentioned that he had a cat allergy when he noticed the cat. He was told that he came to the wrong place, the wrong island! Thank God we had friends staying in Key West that were able to put us up on Sunday night as we had no place to stay. I tried to call and speak with the owner after we came home, but no one returned our call. I am very disappointed at the way we were treated.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kathy D
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Highly recommended after I posed a question in the forum, I decided to give them a call. Glad I did. A classic Island guesthouse with a great pool, breakfast, location and ambience. Lynn was great and so was the rest of the staff and customers. Beautiful old bordello makes for classic island retreat. Like a New Orleans "House of the Rising Sun" with a tropical island twist. We will be back!!

Room Tip: Best Deal in Town
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Voodoo7777
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Key West was our last stop of 2 weeks in Florida and the Angelina was our favorite resting place. The pool and gardens were quite serene when there were few other guests around and we really enjoyed them. Breakfast was quite basic, however we really enjoyed the hot cinnamon buns that were served fresh each morning.
We stayed in room 8 (Kitty) and it had 2 double beds and a private bathroom. Beds are a little soft for my liking and the air conditioner was a little bit loud at times but at least it helped drown out the sound of all the roosters crowing each morning.
We really enjoyed both restaurants that Julie recommended we try out when we asked her for her favorites (especially Santiago's Bodega).
If we ever come back this way again, we will definitely be staying here.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Derek W
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The well maintained old house is located in a beautiful garden with a nice little pool (free chairs, towels and suncream) in a quiet neighbourhood (apart from some roosters). Wifi works perfect. Parking was free. They offer a basic free breakfast (bread, cold boiled eggs, 1 type cereals, canned fruitsalad). It´s a short 3 minutes walk to the famous Duval street. The room had a nice terrace, however was was pretty small, with no table and a very noisy AC, which was blowing straigt on to the bed (could not be changed). The bed was very soft (felt more like a hammock) which caused some back pain the next day. Water from the tab was only dripping (however shower and toilet worked well). No laundry facilities for guests. For 168$/night, I was expecting a better room and breakfast (fresh fruits, omelett...).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank BerlinerTraveller
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I almost don't want to write a review so that we can keep it all to ourselves. We go to Key West every summer to meet up with friends for a couple nights of kid-free fun and we always call Angelina's first. This place is just right, not overly fancy, but clean and relaxing and the staff is always friendly and helpful. You can walk into town or rent a bike on site to ride around. The pool is private and cozy. This would be a great place for a group or large family to rent out all the rooms and hang for a few days. Reasonably priced. Going back in July! We do not use room service and there is no fitness - this is a cozy little - bed and breakfast type place.

Room Tip: not all rooms have a bathroom
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed at The Angelina Guest House for a few days in early April, 2014. It was thoroughly enjoyable experience. Its just as its web site describes it. The location is very central making it easy to walk to almost all places of interest. The staff was very helpful; the room clean and cosy; the breakfast was super. If you're interested in a place with charm and NOT the Holiday Inn experience, this is it.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor..easier if you have lots of luggage.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple