“Amazing”

Ranked #25 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
niagara falls
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for a few days at this key west jewel. From the moment we parked the car our stay just got better. A must is a bike rental. Then a small cooler bag, put in a few beers. And away you go. Life is good.. The inn is a definite jewel. The owners are great, breakfast always yummy. The resident cat, lots of spunk. Lol. He's great.. The beautiful pool, Location, roosters running around, the rooms are very clean and well kept. This little town is a must for everyone's bucket list. And this B & B is where you should stay.....

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank robert g

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Traveled down to Key West for my 21st birthday. My group of 7 had a wonderful experience staying at the Angelina Guest House. All of the rooms were charming and very comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was delicious! The pool was very clean and my group really enjoyed relaxing in the pool area. Janet (the owner) was so sweet and very welcoming. The house was located close to Duval and it was a great location if you plan on spending most of your time on Duval st. I can not wait for my next trip to The Angelina Guest House !

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Sam B
Palm City, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We enjoyed everything about our stay at the Angelina. The staff was very informative. Lynn was there to greet us and give us a tour, The room was clean, comfortable and roomy. Breakfast by the pool is wonderful. The location is great, close to Duval Street and the Trolley. The second night a group of late arrivals decided to party in the hall. They did not take into consideration others may be sleeping. I can understand a few minutes to get settled in your room but Janet the owner was there to see that all was quiet again. We are really looking forward to a return trip to Key West and the Angelina. Don't forget to download Happy Hour! Key West to make your stay even better!!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank sjd853
toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed here during the Key West Music Festival in May. Our room was average size but very well appointed with tons of storage space for clothes and suitcases. Beds were comfy. Our room faced the street and we did have some early morning rooster wake up calls but such is life in Key West. The proprietors were very friendly and accommodating. We enjoyed the simple but all encompassing breakfast in the morning. Word to the wise, they only make so many cinnamon buns so if you aren't out there early, you miss out (we did 3 days out of 6). The only other comment I'd make is that it would be nice if there were a few more small tables and chairs out near the pool area. Some of our fellow guests were quite territorial about the tables that happened to be located outside their rooms and wouldn't let us sit with them even though there was room. We ended up taking our food back to our room most days because there wasn't enough table space and we didn't want to eat on lounge chairs. The location is perfect in the middle of old town, with Blue Heaven around the corner for meals and a handy convenience store a block down that had all the little treats we needed (sodas, chips, etc). I will say that it is on the edge of a so so area of Key West and I did feel a bit nervous walking back by myself through Bahama Village also so if I wasn't with my travel companions, I took a taxi back. Better safe than sorry for $8. Overall, would recommend this location and the wonderful pool at the guest house. Try for a pool-facing room to avoid street noise. Very good value for price especially during event weeks in Key West.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank canadiancaroline
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We reserved a room for four days at Angelina House based on the recommendation of a friend from our hometown. We had never been to Key West before so had no idea where it was located, but thought the price was good. We were so pleased with the quaintness and the history of the house. Our room was updated, and the pool was quiet and felt secluded. The owner Janet was most helpful in giving us suggestions on things to do, places to eat and good Happy Hours! I looked forward to the homemade sticky buns every morning with my coffee. I especially liked the fact that it was quiet and restful, even though it was so close the action on Duvall Street. Everything was within walking distance to the historic part of Key West. I would definitely stay there again, and recommend it to my friends.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Beverly B
Panama city beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

My best friend and I stayed here last weekend and absolutely LOVED it! The entire staff was so nice and helpful our entire stay! Our first night was a little hectic seeing as how the large group of people came in late and were extremely loud for hours until around 2 in the morning (being very disrespectful in my opinion) when Mrs. Janet came to the rescue to finally get them to quiet down (she is a lifesaver)! Other than that we were 100% satisfied with our stay and will only be staying here for all of our Key West Vacations!

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Brinleynicole
Miami
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Imcompassionate owner

I was part of a group of 11 to make reservations for Angelina's guest house last weekend. I had a horrible experience with the owner. Seven of us got there late because we were driving from Miami after work. Of course, we were excited to finally have arrived, see each other, and stretch and walk around from a four hour drive. I won't deny we did make some noise; however, the manner in which the owner handled the situation was rude, unprofessional and just plain heartless. She barged into our room, yelling at us without even introducing herself. How unprofessional and what poor customer service! It would have been sufficient To simply ask us to keep the noise level down! Next, we had brought an air mattress because one of the ladies did not have a partner to room with, as we were an odd number. Mind you, no one told us the room was for only for two, and we carefully read through the website and there is nothing on the site stating two people per room only. The owner began furiously yelling that three people weren't allowed in a room and then warned us we had 15 minutes to leave otherwise she was calling the police. We packed and went outside to figure out how to resolve the issue. The police arrived, and when we explained our side of the situation, they even agreed that just one extra person was not a big deal since we had reserved 5 rooms. The police was much nicer and compassionate, and spent an hour with us trying to call other hotels for any vacancies. However, there were none. One of the police officers even explained the situation to the owner and asked if three people could stay in a room if we paid extra. The owner showed her cold, incompassionate character by refusing, even though she knew it would mean one female would be out in the street with no place to go. What kind of human being is she?! Anyone could have attacked us at that time of night, and she did not care. Of course, we were not about to leave one female alone in the street or car, so the three of us left. With no other solution, we spent the night in the car. It was hot, noisy, uncomfortable, and worst of all, unsafe! What a horrible night! All I can say is what kind of cold hearted person would allow this? To make matter worse, I tried to cancel the room for the next night, but the owner refused stating she only asked one to leave not all of us and that we were responsible to pay that night as well. What a horrible experience! I just cannot believe someone could be as mean and uncaring as that woman. I would never return! In addition, the guesthouse is not even nice: there are two bathrooms for the whole floor; and one of them is outside so it super hot when you are using the bathroom or showering.

• Stayed July 2014